• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IAP/BOTC combined course...?

I am hearing rumors that an IAP for ROTP students whose IAP was deferred last summer is being run from May 7th to July 13th. Can anyone out there confirm or deny this? These dates would be perfect for me, I can't wait to get this course under my belt.

The only thing that can be confirmed is if you hold an ETP in your hand right now saying that your IAP is from such and such a date.

To my understanding, in the summer of 2006, they tried a hybrid course for the people of the Prep year and all of those who previously had NBC and First Aid training. Since IAP and BOTP were redesigned, it is now impossible to repeat the experience (again this following the fact that IAP could be shortened to 7 weeks). I don't know too much about the changes in weeks of the new courses, but I do know it's going to be longer.

- I heard that they might put people going to Junior RMC (campus St-Jean) on IAP before they undergo studies. Can someone confirm that fact?

Aviator @ heart said:
To my understanding, in the summer of 2006, they tried a hybrid course for the people of the Prep year and all of those who previously had NBC and First Aid training. Since IAP and BOTP were redesigned, it is now impossible to repeat the experience (again this following the fact that IAP could be shortened to 7 weeks). I don't know too much about the changes in weeks of the new courses, but I do know it's going to be longer.

- I heard that they might put people going to Junior RMC (campus St-Jean) on IAP before they undergo studies. Can someone confirm that fact?

Aviator@heart,
I may be able to confirm some of that for you.  I have been given a small amount of info so far on my ROTP LOG O offer from the recruiting center. Hopefully they will drop me some more clues soon. What I have been told so far is that I will go to St Jean for 01 JUL 07 for IAP before I begin Civy U studies in September.  That said, I am not certain if my being an occupation transfer has contributed to this outcome. I have been searching the posts and trying to figure out the timings but it seems the more I read the less clear the timings become. One thing that has been repeated in several posts here is that there have been significant adjustments to the courses in the last two years so predicting the next year's timings and content has become complicated.

I have been told my IAP dates are 2 July- 31 August. Sucky considering I'm done high school June 27 and go to Civvy U Sept 3. Oh well, c'est la vie.

There is no combined course this summer, IAP and BOTP are still run separately. As already stated the BOTP course is now longer so I don't think you are going to see a combined course any time soon. It sucks for the people who are exempt from SLT that they can't do their CAP, NETPO or whatever zoomies do after they finish BOTP, but that's life. 

P.S. Hey Benny88 be thankful that you have that much time off before you start course. My last exam is on the 30th of April, I start EWAT the 1st of may until the 5th and then go to St.Jean for the 7th. welcome to the forces. Oh ya and there are a bunch of RMC MARS types who are being posted to Victoria on the 22nd May which only leaves them something like 24 hours to get from RMC to NOTC Venture.

benny88 said:
I have been told my IAP dates are 2 July- 31 August. Sucky considering I'm done high school June 27 and go to Civvy U Sept 3. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Benny88,
Congrats on getting in!
I think that puts us on the same course. I was told to check in a bit early so I am going to show up on the 29th of June to get vehicle parking and lodging sorted out. Cheers!
-Penny

Cool! Congrats to you too. What trade? And where are you going to Civvy U?

Ill be heading to IAP this summer as well, 2nd of July to the 31st of august, What trades are you guys going into? I'm going in as an armoured officer!  :D
Looking forward to the course!
Dave

Congrats to everyone who got accepted into ROTP!

According to my ROTP contract (to become an Infantry Officer! :soldier:) my IAP dates (according to CFRC Victoria) are from July 9th - Sept 7th.  I was hoping to get on a May - June course, because as of next week I'm done my first year (and now the only year) of college.  I was told that the courses in May - June(ish) are only for the Civie U OCdts, and that everybody going to RMC will do their course over the summer, and then immediately afterwards, will get sent down to Kingston to start the madness that is FYOP (It's gonna be awesome and I can't wait!).  Supposedly I will getting further information about this summer around the official enrollment and swearing in ceremonies later in the Spring.

So does anybody have the joining instructions for IAP/BOTP for this summer?  And I'm don't know about May or July IAP because I'm going Civy U, and I'm still going to the one in July.

They would just like a little info on you, about the trades you're interested in and what you may not like.

So anybody got more info about the IAP of Summer 2007, like specific dates?

Penny said:
I was told to check in a bit early so I am going to show up on the 29th of June to get vehicle parking and lodging sorted out.
Is it to your advantage to check in a few days earlier? What are you going to do during these few days?

Back