• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I missed it too much

keaner

Inactive
Reaction score
After some research and a bit of soul-searching, I'm getting back in.

Tonight, I went down to the local Armoury, met with a Recruiter and filled out a 'Verification of Service'. Once someone somewhere agrees I am who I say I am we'll take the next step into the Reserves...

Cheers

and I promise to quit changing my username  ;D

Good Luck.  A bit of experience is always a vuluable asset to the reserves when employed properly.

BillBarilko said:
After some research and a bit of soul-searching, I'm getting back in.

Tonight, I went down to the local Armoury, met with a Recruiter and filled out a 'Verification of Service'. Once someone somewhere agrees I am who I say I am we'll take the next step into the Reserves...

Cheers

and I promise to quit changing my username  ;D

Found myself in your shoes back in 1993 and soon joined the "Two time Loser Club". ;D  Now after a little bit of soul-searching I find myself looking forward to retirement next year, and still young enough to enjoy it! good luck and hope everything works out for you!

I'm just hoping there is enough to keep my interest. As was explained to me, this particular Reserve unit I went to has no entitlement for my trade but do have some 'general maintenance' slots open (not the correct term but basically slots where they can fill with ex-EME). Not sure what that entails but I am sure it means - at the least - no test equipment, tools, CFTO's, authorization to sign tags, etc....basically no trade. Nonetheless, I do want to contribute and they did say they could use a qual MCpl to train BMQ's....guess I'll find out.

One thing I did notice was they have an A+ facility.

http://www.army.dnd.ca/21service_battalion/english/New_Armoury/Armoury_e.shtm

Good luck BillBarilko.
Being from Windsor, I can attest that the 21 Service Batallion has one of the best facilities money can buy.  The local police force, E & K Scots and the Windsor Regiment all train in the same facility. 
Having stepped in there myself, you'll be quite awed at the size and equipment available.

Have fun!
:salute:

Back