• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I Like It!!

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
:tank:

Mike,
Great Job! I'm sure your work will be appreciated by all.

The boards run alot faster for me with this interface. I like it. Great job. :salute:

I notice that when you click on the persons's name who made the last post in the "Last Post" column you get their profile, which you also get in their "Profile" column and is redundant then.  Shouldn't it go to their last post on that thread?

I miss your "Today's Posts" quick link.

Looking good otherwise.  Even tried out the SpellCheck and it says my initials are wrong, but there is probably a good reason not to add an "ADD" function (Too many possibilities of corrupting it if you did.)  "Ignore" works just fine.

GW

Yeah, today's posts is gone, but this is a fairly close replacement.

Not sure *exactly* where you're talking about clicking on a person's name, but if you click on the name of the topic instead, that'll take you to their post.

Also, if you use G.W. instead, the spell checker will let it pass. ;)

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming.

I also found that you included a similar feature on the "User Info" box with your "Show unread posts since last visit" link.

I'LL GET THE HANG OF IT YET.

G.W.

This new setup is great mike, thanks for all of you hard work!
Burrows

Yeah it looks really good. Does this take up less bandwidth/space as the old one, as you were hoping it would?

gonna take some getting used to, I can barely tell the difference between the 'post status' icons.

overall improvement, I love the 'posts since last visit' and 'recent replies to your posts' links.

Good job Mike, We all appreciate what you do here. :D

Yeah, I'll try to get a new set of post icons in there some time... they all looked the same to me too!

Thanks

Scarlino, time will tell on the bandwidth issue, but I think this will take up less.

It's definitely going to be easier on system resources (memory, CPU, etc).

Just noticed, is there no more 'rate member' function, I don't know, maybe I'm just blind.

I always liked being able to give a 5 rating to someone who contributes positively.

That's been replaced by the Promote/Demote system. Next to everyone's post, there's a block like this:

Rating: +0/-0
[Promote] [Demote]

Now you just click on Promote to give them a good rating, or Demote to give them a bad one.

It's different from the last system, as it shows both positive and negative "votes" (as opposed to just an average). Also, you could only rate someone once in the last system, but now you can rate them multiple times (you have to wait an hour between ratings, to prevent repeat ratings...)

Yep, you were right... I hadn't (yet) granted that permission to general users... It's now fixed. :)

Thanks!

P.S. Only users with 5+ posts can  rate.

Mike,

Is there any way to increase the font size of the quote boxes

It's kinda hard squinting to read the size 8 font.

Back