• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I know it says Army..............

Tracy

Inactive
Reaction score
I know it says army up top of this page,but the air force has no chat forums.  I have been looking at this site for a while now and just wondering if there is anyone looking into joining the air force and what trades you are hoping for..

I want reg force and my 3 options are  Areospace Control Operator, Meteorological Technician and Imagery Technician.

I'm actually looking to join the air force, but can't till next year for various reasons. I'm also want reg force and have only one choice for my trade and that's imagery tech. Have you applied yet, if not when are you planning to apply.

I am just waiting for a refrence letter to come back then I am going to apply

If you guys are joining the Air Force, be ready for a long wait.

One of my 3 choices is Air Navigator.

You are right, it is too bad there is not a Canadian Air Force forum. I wonder why there isn't.

I know there are Air Force members on these boards, so you're not completely out of luck.  As well, we've opened a new "Navy/Airforce Board" for discussions on the other two branches of the Forces.

Pieman said:
...there is not a Canadian Air Force forum.

You could use this forum that Mike B set up on this site: http://army.ca/forums/index.php/board,27.0. Edit: Yeah, what Infanteer said.

There's also a RCAF message board here: http://www.rcaf.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi.   I don't think you'll find it especially useful though.  

Anyone else have links to specifically Air Force (Canadian) boards?  

Pieman, have you gone to the aircrew selection testing yet (the math test, simulator, etc.)?   Just curious.

Pieman, have you gone to the aircrew selection testing yet (the math test, simulator, etc.)?  Just curious.
No, I have only done the aptitude test so far. I have to wait for my security clearance to come through before anything else happens. (I am hoping that will come back by late August)

When does one normally go for their air crew selection tests?

I've got my Air Medical this week (Second half of Aircrew selection).
If all is well, I'll be enrolled in ROTP AirNav.

I've got my Air Medical this week (Second half of Aircrew selection). If all is well, I'll be enrolled in ROTP AirNav.

Neat! Post your experience here when you d o it. I would be really interested to know what to expect.

Howdy.

I'm an Air Force guy, let me know if there's any specific questions you have.

Cheers-Garry

Garry,
What trade are you in?  I am looking for info about AC OP..  Anything would help!!1
Thanks

Jutes,

Is there a especially long wait for air force trades? Just curious because it look long enough for me to get sworn in at the army  reserve level.

honetly guys if you want into the mechanic's / electrical trades in the airforce you are in luck. as for being part of an aircrew well it may be a little longer. right now the airfoce has big drive on for Aircraft systems tech's and Avionics systems techs. i will say though if you go into the air force as a mechanic be ready to spend over a year in school doing your training. the money is good and the job is rewarding like any other job in the military. good luck

Sierra,

I'm an aerospace controller. What do you want to know?

Cheers-Garry

CTD said:
honetly guys if you want into the mechanic's / electrical trades in the airforce you are in luck. as for being part of an aircrew well it may be a little longer. right now the airfoce has big drive on for Aircraft systems tech's and Avionics systems techs. i will say though if you go into the air force as a mechanic be ready to spend over a year in school doing your training. the money is good and the job is rewarding like any other job in the military. good luck

Where did you get this information? I'm awaiting to get the call to go to BMQ for Avionics Tech, and have been for almost a year now. I hope I get the call fairly soon because the time to get a college application is quickly coming.

jutes said:
CTD said:

Where did you get this information? I'm awaiting to get the call to go to BMQ for Avionics Tech, and have been for almost a year now. I hope I get the call fairly soon because the time to get a college application is quickly coming.

I just got posted to 423 Sqn in Shearwater and if you're a Sea King maintainer, you've got your work cut out for you.   Everyone is undermanned in the Airforce, they've just started to fix some of the pilot problems and now they're trying to actively recruit 500 series techs.   It's definitely a good time to get in as career progression will be quick if you're interested in that. Lots of guys retiring the next few years.

I'm a pilot so if any of you guys have specific questions relating to that subject I'd be glad to answer them.

And by the way, I don't know of any Air Force forums, but there is a pilot forum.   Unfortunately, you have to be a current or former CF pilot.

Cheers.

Inch,

Do you happen to know if there is a high demand for Air Navigators now? Or am I looking at a long wait before a position opens?

Garry, Thanks for responding.  I want to now what ever is not mentioned in the recruting website.  The info on the website seems to leave me just hanging.  To me it sounds like there is no difference between the ncms and the officers.  What is the difference?  What is your day like?  I went to college for a year in avaition management and atc sounded like something I wanted to do.  I want to go ncm.

Thanks again Garry.

Back