• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I have a question.

Sim

Inactive
Reaction score
I am applying for reg.force MP but there's a little problem.

You see I'm getting married in 3months, and we want to have kids soon. Me and my future wife want our families and friends implicated in our child's life.

So here's my question,

If all goes well and I get to be a MP, after the training in Borden am I obligated to go where they want me to go, or if I can make arrangements to get posted closer to my hometown?

Thank you.
Sim

As with anything in CF you can certainly make a request but it may not have all that big of an impact. I may be wrong about this but i do believe with Reg. they can send you whereever they need you or want you to be. Good luck with everything

Rebel_RN is right.  On your 3's you'll be asked for three locations you'd like to be posted but at the end of the day, where you are needed is where you will go.

Here's another question about the Military Police.

what kind of test do we have to do during the (IMPACT)?

I presume we have an Interview but I'm clueless of the rest!

its like the *CFAT* but a lil harder and differnt questions.

Thanks guys.

Having almost 1 year of experience as a Police Officer I shouldn't have any problems ( I hope).

Sim said:
Thanks guys.

Having almost 1 year of experience as a Police Officer I shouldn't have any problems ( I hope).

Sim, just out of curiosity, having completed a Police Academy (I presume) and a year on a Local
Police Force, and a concern for Assignment stability, why are you considering the MP or CAF's. ?.

FastEddy said:

Sim, just out of curiosity, having completed a Police Academy (I presume) and a year on a Local
Police Force, and a concern for Assignment stability, why are you considering the MP or CAF's. ?.

Fast Eddy it fast. ;)

I was thinking the same thing. If you are in Hawkesbury, why not check out the OPP or Ottawa Police? At least you will be close to your better half. OPP is holding an info session on 15 June 7:00 p.m @ Algonquin College. Just an FYI if you are considering your options. I am not saying don't consider the CF but it may be an option. The only MP's near Hawkesbury that I know of are @ Uplands and I can't imagine there are many working there but I might be wrong.

Good Luck.

I did consider the OPP, but I always dreamed of being a MP, I want to do it for a few years after that will see but my future wife will follow me for a the 1year and then we will talk about other options or whatever and she applying for the OPP, I have work with her and we don't want to go on calls or be in the same force right now.  For your info I didn't do any Police Academy I went up North Nunavik for 7 months (Contract) over there you only need a police foundation and you learn the rest on Calls witch is pretty ruff to start but you learn fast.

thanks guys for your info's and sensibility...lol

Sim's

Sim said:
I did consider the OPP, but I always dreamed of being a MP, I want to do it for a few years after that will see but my future wife will follow me for a the 1year and then we will talk about other options or whatever and she applying for the OPP, I have work with her and we don't want to go on calls or be in the same force right now.   For your info I didn't do any Police Academy I went up North Nunavik for 7 months (Contract) over there you only need a police foundation and you learn the rest on Calls witch is pretty ruff to start but you learn fast.

thanks guys for your info's and sensibility...lol

Sim's

A contract with whom? And how do you 'carry' if you never went through a course? You cant just learn to shoot while on 'a call'. Are ou talking about the 'Kativik Regional Police Force'? They are going to get revolvers pretty soon. Why they are going with revolvers I have no idea.

Yes I'm talking about KRPF, some of them had revolvers ( revolvers cuz they come cheaper when they are used, I think they were the SQ gun's before they changed to 9mm.) those who had revolvers were sent by KRPF to Nicolet for a Indian course, which I didn't stay long enough to get ( and didn't want to either)

And you don't carry the only defense I had at that time was my baton, pepper spray and an old 12 gauge shotgun.

Back