• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I have a few questions

B

BaldMonkey

If you can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm sure you've heard this many times, and you're probably getting tired of hearing/answering it, but here it goes.
I applied for reg. force, Infantry in may 2003.
I did very well on the entire process, and when It came time for the huge list of drugs, I was completely honest.

cannabis/marijuana/hashish
psylociben/mushrooms

Now, I smoked pot a handfull of times, and that wasn't the deterring factor, I only tried mushrooms once, and it wasn't even enough to make me feel the effects.
But because I tried it within a certain time frame, they said I was not currently eligible, and that I could reapply in 2 years.

I know I made a bad choice, but I was a young dumb kid, and young dumb kids try stupid things.
I obviously cant go back in time and change what I did, so the only thing I can do, is take it as a learning experience, realize it was a dumb choice, and that it has already prevented me from achieving my life goals.

Well, 2 years is up in may.
I have been totally clean since then, even quit drinking alcohol, which I never really did in the first place.
My questions are.

-When I reapply, do I tell them I was refused because drugs?
Or do I apply normally like I did at the start and wait for the "drug issue" to come up in the interviewing process, which I'm sure it no doubt will.

-If I have to redo the whole process, when I fill out the form with the drugs, I dint remember the first and last dates I tried the substances, but they will be the exact same as they were when I first filled it out, so will they just use that?
I'm concerned with this because, I dont want to fill out the worng date and have them look at the other sheet and think I'm lying.

And lastly, what are my chances of still getting in?
This has been my goal for the past 2 years, i have done everything I can to show the recruiters and myself that I am a better person and that I belong in the infantry, and If I get refused again because of it, I will be crushed. :-\

(I also realize that I will have no one to blame but myself if this does happen, so please, don't think I'm just looking for excuses)

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

When you reaply, tell the Recruiter everything, including the details of your last attempt to enrol. If you do not remember specific dates, say so, and ask them to recover your last application if possible to cross-reference the dates.

You will always have a chance to get in, but it will be in copmpetetion with all other suitable applicants for the trade you are pursuing. So you will likely be considered after all those who haven't used drugs.

You will find that most of your concerns have been discussed at length. Please start by reviewing the applicable threads in the Recruiting FAQ:

Recruiting FAQ - http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101.0.html

Drug Use threads - http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101/post-103982.html#msg103982

Back