• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Humor - How to assess and place new employees

Greymatters

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
A good one I havent heard before - its designed for the workplace but is there a military equivalent out there?

HOW TO PROPERLY ASSESS AND PLACE NEW EMPLOYEES

Put 400 bricks in a closed room. with all of your new hires and close the door.  Leave them alone for 6 hours, then analyze teh situation:

a. If they are counting the bricks, put them in the Accounting Department.
b. If they are recounting them, put them in Auditing.
c. If they have messed up the whole place with the bricks, put them in Engineering.
d. If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order, put them in Planning.
e. If they are throwing the bricks at each other, put them in Operations.
f. If they are sleeping, put them in Security.
g. If they have broken the bricks into pieces, put them in Information Technology.
h. If they are sitting idle, put them in Human Resources.
i. If they say they have tried different combinations, they are looking for more, yet not a brick has been moved, put them in Sales.
j. If they have already left for the day, put them in Marketing.
k. If they are staring out of the window, put them in Strategic Planning.
l. If they are talking to each other, and not a single brick has been moved, congratulate them and put them in Top Management .

Finally, if they have surrounded themselves with bricks in such a way that they can neither be seen nor heard from, put them in Government.

Waiting for something to happen sounds about right:  8)

Human Resources

I figured I would give it a try for turning this into a military occupation process... 
(this is just for fun, so dont get mad if your trade gets with the wrong description, some are just for fun...)

HOW TO PROPERLY ASSESS AND PLACE NEW CF MEMBERS:

Put 400 bricks in a closed room. with all of your new hires and close the door.  Leave them alone for 6 hours, then analyze teh situation:

If they are counting the bricks, put them in the Logistics.
If they are measuring and stacking the bricks, put them in Combat Engineering.
If they have messed up the whole place with the bricks, put them in the Orderly Room.
If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order, put them in Family Services.
If they are throwing the bricks at each other, put them in Operations.
If they are throwing the bricks out the window at people, put them in Infantry.
If they are sleeping, put them in Commissionaires.
If they are trying to talk to the bricks, put them in Military Police.
If they have broken the bricks into pieces, put them in IT Support.
If they are sitting idle, put them in Base Training.
If they say they have tried different combinations and they are looking for more, yet not a brick has been moved, put them in R & D.
If they have already left for the day, put them in NDHQ.
If they are staring out of the window, put them in Intelligence.
If they are talking to each other, and not a single brick has been moved, put them in Public Relations.
Finally, if they have surrounded themselves with bricks in such a way that they can neither be seen nor heard from, put them in Recce.

I've seen this somewhere with a Defence equivalent. I shall begin my search now!

I don't count bricks!!!! That is for the Bin Rat! I just kick the box full of bricks while it is loaded onto my truck at Forward Supply.  ;D And say..."Yup"....

If they've taken the bricks and made an extension to the existing room put them in the Construction Engineers

What - Like a bay window? Wouldnt that be like the civilian engineers instead?  ;D

Nah we leave the fancy stuff to the civy contractors.  ;D

Hale said:
I've seen this somewhere with a Defence equivalent. I shall begin my search now!

Should be in your email inbox. I think the last TSM sent it around.

If they throw out the bricks but dont order a replacement, put them in the Q-Store.

I had it at one stage but i dont know whats happened to it. Last i saw it was on the wall in 108's boozer. You reckon Munny would have it handy?

No idea. Im not 100% sure he's the one that sent it either. I had a look and I certainly don't have it. Failing that, I'd try Len.

Back