• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How Will You Vote

As of today, November 30, 2005 how will you vote.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick Mercer!  What riding was he in again?  ;D

There is only one issue here.

All parties, I believe, are striving for, more or less, the same objectives:

They all are in favour of a healthy, well-educated population.

They are all in favour of helping the less fortunate.

They all agree that the environment should be protected for ourselves and our children.

They all believe that immigration is generally a positive and will continue.

They all believe that crime is bad and should be discouraged.

They are all in favour of a strong economy that can pay for social programs.

They all agree that, internationally, Canada should contribute to the betterment of the world.

What differs, of course, is the methods of achieving these objectives. Some party's ideas will be more successful than others.

I submit, therefore, that there is only one major pressing issue in this campaign. It is one of trust, integrity and principles. I will not rehash the findings of Gomrey, but any party, regardless of political stripe, MUST be punished if found to be breaching the public trust. A short list from recent Canadian history include the NDP in BC for 'Bingogate', the Socreds in BC for VanderZalm's dealings with personal business, and the Progressive Conservative party in Saskatchewan for expense account fraud.

To support a party guilty of criminal activity is to condone it. I care not how sorry, contrite and willing to change they are......they were caught, and they must be punished. Remember that many of those who were involved were likely never brought to task, and are still working within the great Liberal machine.

On principle alone, I could never support the current Liberal party. They have breached the public trust, and despite a one million dollar payback, still have over fourty million unaccounted for. Perhaps, once they have sat in the back benches for a term or two, I may revisit this, depending on whether or not they have evicted the cancer that currently inflicts their party.  

Despite having voted Liberal in the past (1988 - I didn't like the Conservate policy on nuclear subs) I shall be voting Conservative this time.

Michael O'Leary said:
For whichever Party promises me the same pension the MPs get.

Hell, I'd be happy if I could expense a single $220 lunch on the taxpayers ticket! 

Seriously, you know there's a disconnect when those asshats have no idea how wrong and inappropriate that is....

Matthew.  :salute:

My friend and I were talking about voting Conservative just a few days ago but he metioned he didn't want to
vote for Germant Grewal (yes we live in Newton-North Delta riding), and turns out the day after, he pulled his
candidacy to give the Conservatives a better chance of winning the max number of seats (my riding is traditionally
conservative). Grewal was a very smart man, still is, of course, he just didn't have the english skills to portray his
message clearly.

Waiting to see if there are any independents in my area, looking for a social libertarian fiscal conservative type whos not liberal.
Yeah I'm wishing,

I'll probably wait a while before I decide for sure but I lean towards the conservatives and can't see myself voting liberal right now, but the election isn't until January 23rd so who knows.

kcdist said:
To support a party guilty of criminal activity is to condone it. I care not how sorry, contrite and willing to change they are......they were caught, and they must be punished. Remember that many of those who were involved were likely never brought to task, and are still working within the great Liberal machine.

My thoughts exactly!!

I'd vote Conservative, but, being that my currently registered address is in Quebec, that'd be throwing my vote away.

Coincidentally, I'm voting in Gilles Duceppe's riding, so guess who I'm voting for?

Frederik G said:
I'd vote Conservative, but, being that my currently registered address is in Quebec, that'd be throwing my vote away.

You most certainly wouldn't be throwing your vote away - each vote tallied for the Bloq is basically saying that you don't wish to participate National politics and that you support an overall agenda of tearing Canada apart.

Infanteer said:
You most certainly wouldn't be throwing your vote away - each vote tallied for the Bloq is basically saying that you don't wish to participate National politics and that you support an overall agenda of tearing Canada apart.

Which is still better than supporting thieves and traitors...

I think the Communist party probably gets more votes than the Conservatives in Quebec. So, yes, it is a wasted vote to vote Conservative in Quebec. Would you rather have me vote for the Liberals? I'd be participating in National politics, after all...

Frederik G said:

Coincidentally, I'm voting in Gilles Duceppe's riding, so guess who I'm voting for?

I'd still vote Conservative.  The party needs to build a base in Quebec and it may take time, but every vote builds momentum.

That's just me.

Matthew.    :salute:

Frederik G said:

I believe that there is no such thing as a wasted vote.  The Liberals stole the money because they thought that they would get away with it.  Getting out to vote, and voting for someone other than the Liberals sends a message that what they have done is not acceptable.  

As for Gilles Duceppe, while I object to his politics, I think he is probably the most effective of all the party leaders in the house.

Here's a good site with a brief summary of each party's platform for different issues. The information is from the last election, but will be updated when platforms are released. Link.

As well, under current election laws, every vote for a party counts towards the amount of public funding that party receives for the next election.
Each party's quarterly allowance will be 37.5 cents times the total number of valid votes that party received in the previous general election (which equates to $1.50 per vote, when calculated over a full year).
So even if you vote Conservative and they don't win the riding, it will increase their amount of funding for the next election. Note that this is for current election law, and different parties have suggested altering it in different ways.

Matt

So don't waste your vote - it'll cost you a buck-fifty.... :)

Here's how I'll make my decision:
- Glue a cake turntable thingamee to the back of a dart board
- Turn it over and glue Lib, PC, and NDP alternately over the slots.
- Give it a good spin, back up 15 feet, and fire off three darts, rapid fire.
- Repeat 3 times
- Highest number of sticks gets my vote.

Not very scientific, I know, but as good a method as any to chose which liar candidate gets my vote.

Im voting Conservative.  When someone breaks the law you punish them.  When someone I know steals from me they are no longer my friend.  When someone I trust lies to me I am no longer able to believe that they have my best interest at heart.  I will not reward piss poor behaviour.

Wils21 said:
Im voting Conservative.   When someone breaks the law you punish them.   When someone I know steals from me they are no longer my friend.   When someone I trust lies to me I am no longer able to believe that they have my best interest at heart.    I will not reward piss poor behaviour.

Amen, brother.

It's only too sad the majority of Canadians don't seem to have this much common sense...

Frederik G said:
It's only too sad the majority of Canadians don't seem to have this much common sense...

Ah yes, perhaps because they remember how well loved the Conservatives were the last time they graciously handed off the government to the Liberals. Perhaps the average voter is just confused and frustrated because there is no clear dominance by any party based on a history of perceived ethical leadership.

But maybe you wouldn't remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back