• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to compose Record of Conversation

rocksteady

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering how to compose a Record of Conversation regarding a disciplinary matter for one of my troops.  Any examples would be great.

Thanks.

Conduct a DI if its that serious.

Regards

rocksteady said:
Just wondering how to compose a Record of Conversation regarding a disciplinary matter for one of my troops.  Any examples would be great.
Thanks.

You need to be very careful here!  You need to ask yourself whether or not the issuing of an IC would be more appropriate based on the circumstances?  You really want to stay away from "adhoc" forms such as the one you are looking to implement.

My recommendation based on the limited info that you have provided and if you wish to have some sort of "record" to fall back on at a later date, then why not just conduct a "PDR Feedback Session" with the member and annotate the conduct deficiency on that?  This way you NOW have a record, complete with signatures, which can be used at a later date.

IC is the only recognized form.
Verbal and written warnings are now IC's.
So you want to be sure the situation really warrants an IC.
Most times extra "training" and PER's can settle things out.

Are you doing a DI?  If so, you can PM me your email addy and I can send you the UDI course package inclusive of Cautioned Statement Forms, Supplementary Question Forms,  Witness Forms and Summary of Findings.

ArmyVern said:
Are you doing a DI?  If so, you can PM me your email addy and I can send you the UDI course package inclusive of Cautioned Statement Forms, Supplementary Question Forms,  Witness Forms and Summary of Findings.

If its that serious I'd say to get in touch with the CSM pronto and get some advice/ alert them to the infraction as well.

Regards

Nerf herder said:
If its that serious I'd say to get in touch with the CSM pronto and get some advice/ alert them to the infraction as well.

Regards

I have a feeling that the CSM expects him to do a UDI, but he has neither the course nor the experience.  Shit, I've had a WO recently say to me when I said, "Did you caution her?" ... "What's a caution?"  An f'n WO.  Can you say that people with lack of experience are getting promoted way too quickly these days?

Nerf herder said:

Regards

Well. it could be a mere 5B requirement, but that is administrative vice disciplinary.  I assume that he at least knows the difference between administrative and "disciplinary" (his word).  Perhaps not though given this day and age.

Back