• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to avoid the Draft

Y

Yllw_Ninja

http://www.darwinawards.com/slush/pending20040126-172219.html

Incase Canada ever adopts a draft policy heres one sure fire way out of it

-My late great-grandfather told me this story once. My great uncle swears it really happened.
(Wisconsin, Spring 1943). Larry Shaw, a 19 year old college dropout, had received notice he was to be drafted (World War II) and was given orders to report to an Army recruiting post. Already having lost an uncle and a cousin to the Japanese, Larry was afraid to go. He was told that if he wasn't in perfect health, the Army would reject him and he wouldn't have to go to war. But if he hurt himself on purpose, he would go to jail.

Larry, who worked at a farm with my great grandfather, came up with a plan to hurt himself enough to avoid the war, and believable enough to pass off as an accident. While he and his co-workers were in the field, and without any of them knowing what he was about to do, Larry walks up to a horse and try's to get it to step on his foot, and break his toes. The horse however, refuses to move. He pushed and shoved the horse but Larry couldn't get the horse to step on him. After trying for a long time, the frustrated Darwin hopeful got mad and kicked the horse in the tail. The startled horse responded by kicking back. Larry was struck in the throat and died a few hours later.

Hard to believe that was his intention if he didn‘t tell anyone.

Russian serfs of the 18th and 19th centry would bash their front teeth out with hammers. This would impede them from bitting the catridge in order to load the muzzle loaders.

Others draftees would cut their index and ring fingers off till authorities began laying charges against those found digit impaired.

Back