• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

how often the RCD's are deployed..??

the burkalator

Inactive
Reaction score
hey guys,

this maybe kind of a dumb question but i am going to ask it anyway...I have talked to some people about the RCD's and they said they are deployed quiet often others say it depends...just wondering if any current Dragoons or people with past knowledge could help me out with the awnser.

cheers,

matt :cdn:

The RCD have deployed four Recce Sqns (varying sizes) to Afghanistan since 2003 in addition to a battle group (BG HQ, Recce Sqn and a HQ Sqn) sent to Bosnia in 2003/04. 

The easier question would have been "when has a Sqn from the RCDs not been deployed overseas in the last 3 yrs?"

Guys just to throw some light on where I think this question is coming from, I think when people from the general public don't see Leopard tanks on the tv they think that our armour i not deployed.  I know I used to think that way until I started reading these forums.

Steel Horse said:
Guys just to throw some light on where I think this question is coming from, I think when people from the general public don't see Leopard tanks on the tv they think that our armour i not deployed.  I know I used to think that way until I started reading these forums.

Good point. Also from talking a bit of "shop talk" with civi friends (yes I do have a couple),they really couldnt tell the difference from lav's or coyotes.Thank god for pocket sized janes.

rcac_011 said:
Good point. Also from talking a bit of "shop talk" with civi friends (yes I do have a couple),they really couldnt tell the difference from lav's or coyotes.Thank god for pocket sized janes.

Your civi friends are doing better than mine.  Mine usually can't tell the difference between a Tank and a LAV or Coyote.

The LdSH have not been deployed as much recently (one Recce Sqn to Kabul in 04/05).  They have had many individual augmentees but only the one formed sub-unit.  That may change, and I've given up trying to guess who is deploying when.  If you're trying to pick a unit to join based on deployment chances you might end up chasing your tail.

Back