• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How NOT to make your first post, a clarification.

Sapplicant

Inactive
Reaction score
After sitting back quietly as a new member for a few months, and taking the time to read many of the forums and get a feel for things, I felt it necessary to give everyone an example of how NOT to post for the first time, or any time for that matter. I think this should clear up some confusion for a select few, and give a good laugh to others. Bear with me. (And if you, the moderator, find it necessary to remove, so be it, I just figured most peoples' first post will be in here, so it could prove to be relevant)

O HAI!! Im a ex-cadet who wants to be a black-belt snypper for CSOR or JTF!!!11! I'm the BEST OUT oF ALL MA FRNDZZ AT PAINTBALL AN AIRSOFTTT!!!! I'm tooo lazey to read tngs 4 myslf, so I thought I'd ask you 4advise!!!

If you fall the aptatood test, can you re-right it????? Can I dew my intervew in a blew leasure sute???? Is ok 2 lie about drugs on my 4mzz??? I dont rlly do them anymr, so its not a issue!!!!

IS BOOT CAMP HARD??? IS IT TREW YOU RUN EVRY MRNG???? THAT'S SOOO HARD!!! SHOULD I LOSE WAIT OR IS IT OK TO BE A BIT FAT??? CDN AVIATOR, WILL U CUM HOLD MY HAND WHEN I RIGHT MY CFAT TEST??!! DOES ANYONE KNOW THE PROPER CANADIAN FORCES BMQ METHOD 4 WIPING YOUR OWN A$$??? I CAN'T FIND THE SEARCH FUNCTION, AND GEORGE WALLACE'S COPYPASTA IS TOO LONG TO REEEAADDDDD!!!!

KTHXBAI!!!!! PM ME OR ADD ME TO UR MSN!!!!!

If your first post is anything, ANYTHING like this, I hope you have a fork handy, because there's some BT;DT's out there who are gonna be handing you a big ol' slice of humble pie. Plese, use english, proper grammar, and only ask a question if you've spent over a week looking for the answer via the search function. I wouldn't want to see anyone get scared away from the forces because they feel they were cyber-bullied on this site. (which is, by the way, one of the greatest resources out there for applicants and recruits, so long as you use it properly)

Cheers!!  :camo:

:salute:

I really hope that this doesn't land me in the time-out chair. :sorry:

Not gonna lie to ya... I giggled. So I guess that puts me in the next chair over... Whoops!

Sapplicant said:
CDN AVIATOR, WILL U CUM HOLD MY HAND WHEN I RIGHT MY CFAT TEST??!!

How did i end up in mixed up in this ???

CDN Aviator said:
How did i end up in mixed up in this ???

A thread I was looking at a while back, about how to become a recruit. Some person, who I'm sure is now banned, asked a very stupid question, and your (sarcastic) reply was something along the lines of "What, do you want me to come hold your hand or something?". It cracked me up, and I thought it deserved a bit of recognition. I have about 22 hours left to modify it if you want me to remove your handle from the fray...

4.gif

Oh i'm ok with it.....just currious how that mention came to be.

Sap~~ you're lucky I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read this...you would owe me a new monitor~~

Seriously, though, I'm glad someone finally said it and hopefully put some ID10T's in their places.  I'm sure I speak for many of us here (including mods who must have thier heads bolted down for all the shaking it does~~) who have seen many dumb first posts and wanted to say something a little more sarcastic and insulting...thanks for the chuckle and hopefully new posters see this ...
Teeps, try drinking coffee next time...that hurts..and burns~~
:piper:

NFLD Sapper said:

:+1:

I'm well aware of my uncanny abilities as a ****-disturber. This is why, with the exception of breathing, I plan on mostly keeping my mouth shut during my BMQ. Eyes and ears fully opened, though.

:cheers:

Sapplicant said:
:+1:

I'm well aware of my uncanny abilities as a ****-disturber. This is why, with the exception of breathing, I plan on mostly keeping my mouth shut during my BMQ. Eyes and ears fully opened, though.

:cheers:

Then pray you don't meet this Sapper as your instructor when you get to CFSME.......

;D

NFLD Sapper said:
Then pray you don't meet this Sapper as your instructor when you get to CFSME.......

;D

Gagetown? 10-4. Hope to see you there. I'll be the one who only speaks when spoken to  ;D

CDN Aviator said:
Oh i'm ok with it.....just currious how that mention came to be.

Your post about becoming a CFAC had something to do with it as well  ;D

Great post of what not to do, sure made me laugh. Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the laugh and the lesson, all in one.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how much of the new "MSN speak" is due to how much we military folk use conventional military acronyms in our post without a second thought?

For example, to an average soldier this list might be easy to understand: MLVW, LAV, MPRR, OMLT, MSR, CMTC, PPCLI, etc but to a civilian who wants to join the military do we think that maybe to them it looks like acronyms (LOL, WTF, etc) are okay to use here?

It's a bit of a rhetorical question because I do see the humour in the first post as well and I know it's in the site rules not to use teenager-like chat, but perhaps to us, we comfortably use our acronyms the way modern recruits use MSN speak.

Interesting point. Mind this applies to any professional group and how they converse with each other using specific slang, acronyms etc. In my office we use terms on a regular basis in notes, files and emails etc  (STDLE, PED, SLED, COE SSI, ISI, ISS, ERE, CVP etc) that while I know instinctively but I'm sure now have the rest of you going WTF?  8)

STDLE = Stuff To Delegate to Lesser Employees, right? I know how you work. ;)

Back