• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

how many people will be on BOTC

Catherine

Inactive
Reaction score
My BOTC(Iap/Botp) will start next month in St jean, just wondering how many people will be on each course?

Catherine said:
My BOTC(Iap/Botp) will start next month in St jean, just wondering how many people will be on each course?

Your IAP serial (not BOTC, BOTC doesn't exist) will probably start with around 40 young eager occifers.  Could be a bit more, could be a bit less, all depending.

Its now called BOMQ...from the CDA site...(IntraNet accessible only me thinks)

http://cda-acd.mil.ca/DLM/engraph/services/accred/milequiv/botp_e.asp

About the Basic Officer Military Qualification (formerly know as BOTP)

CDA has the authority to grant equivalency to the Basic Military Officer Qualification – AIPB to Officer candidates and NCMs who initially took otherleadership courses with the Regular Force and/or Reserve Force.

The qualification AIPB can only be granted if the member has completed or received equivalency to both IAP and BOTP.  However, please note that in all cases, reviews are conducted and decisions are taken on a case-by-case basis. 

Meridian said:
Your IAP serial (not BOTC, BOTC doesn't exist) will probably start with around 40 young eager occifers.  Could be a bit more, could be a bit less, all depending.
Of course neither IAP nor BOTC exist anymore BOTC until very recently (were talking 3 July here) was BOTP Phase II (IAP being PH I) Now of course its all one course BMOQ comprising both. from what I understand the 27 Aug start (4 Srls 3 Anglo, 1 Franco) will be the pilot crses for the new format, Catherine what srl are you loaded on both Avro and I are loaded on 27E

ArtyNewbie said:
what I understand the 27 Aug start (4 Srls 3 Anglo, 1 Franco) will be the pilot crses for the new format

Just like LAST years batch...3 "E" and 1 "F"...pilot course...but they started on...(read RFD'd) 26 Aug.

So..not all that new huh?

tis true more of the same new but we were crse loaded on 2 crses vice one (RFD is on 26 Aug) and CFLRS still has 2 seperate courses on thier trg calendar.

The recent course loading msgs for the new IAP/BOTC  now called BMOQ came out as a loading to 2 seperate consecutive crses, and the CFLRS Trg Calendar (avail on the DIN only) still has the crses run as IAP and BOTC Seperatly as opposed to the new single BMOQ (of course a little back chanel rumint from a friend posted out thier leans toward changing lesson plans to come in line with the new course)

Rgr.  I was on the CFLRS site looking at the Trng Div stuff this week...all still IAP/BOTP.

If they are twigging the "BOMQ" CTP/CTS...it won't be published until Standards throws their holy water on it...

ah yes the holy water of standards, generaly liberaly sprinkled the day before or after a course starts just to through everyone off, even the standards guys themselves lol

Are you guys all arriving the evening of the 26th? At 1745 look out the window I'll be walking from my car into the Mega haha. What dress is everyone arriving in? I was advised here by my COC to wear #3's 

Tim you know the old way of doing things report in in svc dress (used to be in the QR&O's, but I can't find it anymore probably repealed) But I will will be there in branch badge and buttons, only I'm in on the 25th probably mid-day, as RFD is the 26th (got my crap over to CMTT already)

Yeah I decided to go on the 25th as well, in Service Dress and I will be there about 5:30pm at the very latest. My UAB has been dropped off but I doubt they did anything with it yet. I'm hitting the road tomorrow for Toronto where I will do my OJT at the PA Office.

ArtyNewbie said:
Tim you know the old way of doing things report in in svc dress (used to be in the QR&O's, but I can't find it anymore probably repealed) But I will will be there in branch badge and buttons, only I'm in on the 25th probably mid-day, as RFD is the 26th (got my crap over to CMTT already)

May want to rethink that.  You're probably not even qualified to wear a cornflake at this point, let alone a trades badge or buttons. 

wow see one would think with a wee bit over 10 years in a uniform I would be qualified to determine that seeing as I have been wearing a hard sea capbadge for the last 7 years I might, just might have the sense to research things before I just up and do them (CF Dress instructions state the NCM's appointed OCdt will wear the cap badge and insignia of the new branch/regt persuant to regt directives for the Cbt Arms, all others put them up right away) and direction given out of Shilo was to wear everything save for the cloth embroidered cap badge (opting to wear the Brass one as it is the branch badge until completion of phase III)

Edit to add P.S. Officers don't wear trade badges

Golly gosh darn it.  Glad you sorted me out, too.

If only I'd have had the sense to go through BOTC and had the sense to see when other people who had been in as NCM's who also knew more than the course staff, including the proper wearing of dress.  Then I could spar with you.

Make sure you tell the course staff they're wrong about making you put your medals away, too.  Most instructors like it when an officer candidate show how right they are.  Shows leadership and initiative and strength.

Shamrock said:
Golly gosh darn it.  Glad you sorted me out, too.

If only I'd have had the sense to go through BOTC and had the sense to see when other people who had been in as NCM's who also knew more than the course staff, including the proper wearing of dress.  Then I could spar with you.

Make sure you tell the course staff they're wrong about making you put your medals away, too.  Most instructors like it when an officer candidate show how right they are.  Shows leadership and initiative and strength.

Freind of mine CFR'd recently and went to BOTC in the fall of last year.  There were several other CFR pers with him.  All of them wore their medals in DEUs, he wore AF accoutrements and so did the other CFRs

Just a quick note: You should show up for IAP/BOTP in civilian dress regardless of what rank / position / nintendo score you have had.

And yes, course instructors love to have former NCM's tell them how things should be done.  Almost as much as when ex-cadets tell them that "this was not how we did it back in the cadets".

Back