• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

how long ....?

Jaxson

Inactive
Reaction score
hey I'm new here, Ive read alot of threads and posts to make sure i wasn't wasting time at all and, from what i read i don't believe i saw the question or answer that i was looking for so i have decided to ask.

Today i filled out the papers to register in the CF and tommorrow i will be giving them to my local recruiter, i was wondering how long is the normal waiting period that it takes for them to contact you about the next step of the recruitment process? its not like I'm in a rush or anything but its nice to know how long i have to get back into top physical condition (i have worked out in a year but i still run on a treadmill every day)

i also noticed there seems to be many people saying that the 2.4 km run IS still done, and i notice alot of people saying that a Step test has replaced it, could anyone also clear that up for me? thanks to any and all in advance for all answers as it is appreciated.  :salute: :)

I've been waiting for 6 months now and can count on another two. I prepared for the run and did step test.

You have to do a self test on the 2.4 km and write your time in on your initial application, but for the formal PT test, most, if not all recruiting centers do the step test. Either way, they are using it to calculate your VO2 max and you need a score of 39 or something to pass if you are a male under 35. Just run and you will do fine on either test, but remember, if you do the step test in the recruiting process you still run your ass off at basic training and they test you on the 2.4 km in your first couple weeks there, or so the person who administered my PT test told me.

so its a long wait between handing in the forms and actually going to Basic if you pass everything? that kinda sucks i wanted to get out of my factory job lol. again thanks guys :)

Hey Jaxson: As you will see the wait is very hard to predict. There are so many factors that could effect your wait time. Have a look around, there are some very useful posts in the Recruiting forum. It really depends on how your application process goes. If you have no hold ups, you could done as fast as 4 months. Then you are merit listed and you wait again. After you are merit listed you have to wait for a selection board to happen (usually one a month or every 2 months) You then just have to sit tight and wait to be selected.

NCM Selection Board dates:

28 Mar 05, 9 May 05, 13 Jun 05, 18 Jul 05, 5 Sep 05, 17 Oct 05, 28 Nov 05, 9 Jan 06, 20 Feb 06, 3 Apr 06, 15 May 06, 26 Jun 06, 31 Jul 06                       

Just to give you an idea, I applied in March, I was contacted in April, I did my CFAT, medical, interview and PT in May. I was merit listed in June. That is actually quite fast. July 18 was the first selection board that I was eligible for. Right now they are trying to fill quotas for this year. Some trades are being fastracked, because they need recruits, so that may mean a quicker selection.

Check out some of these posts. Search around the site and good luck.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/21101.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/31044.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/29132.0.html

i read just about everything on all those links you gave me, and now i have come up with a new question, but it is about criminal records.

I am now 20, when i was 17  and 4 months i was charged with assult, it went to court and finished about 2 months before i turned 18, now i know from the number of countless posts i read that it goes away after 5 years, but that i was on the YOA and i think i read that once you become an adult the Youth file is closed... either way i was given a "conditional discharge" which was probation for 1 year (which they actually let me go after 6 months for good behaviour and such)  and 50 hours of community service which i completed now i have stayed out of trouble and everything since then.

so i guess my real question is, must i wait till I'm 22 before i apply so my record is closed or is it already off since i was a young offender...

and if your wondering the circumstances of my charge since it may make a difference of my character (I'm not the type of person to cause trouble but an assult charge says different), i was walking through a huge group of people (which were apparently about to get in a fight at school) at the time i thought they were just yelling crap at eachother as a joke so i walked through them and pushed someone out of my way, which lead to them kicking eachothers asses.  they initially tried to charge me with instigating a fight and assult but dropping the instigating a fight since i thought they were all friends (at the time they were too) but they still charged me for assult for pushing someone)

thanks for any answers given  ;D :cdn:

Jaxson said:
i read just about everything on all those links you gave me, and now i have come up with a new question, but it is about criminal records.

I am now 20, when i was 17   and 4 months i was charged with assult, it went to court and finished about 2 months before i turned 18, now i know from the number of countless posts i read that it goes away after 5 years, but that i was on the YOA and i think i read that once you become an adult the Youth file is closed... either way i was given a "conditional discharge" which was probation for 1 year (which they actually let me go after 6 months for good behaviour and such)   and 50 hours of community service which i completed now i have stayed out of trouble and everything since then.

so i guess my real question is, must i wait till I'm 22 before i apply so my record is closed or is it already off since i was a young offender...

and if your wondering the circumstances of my charge since it may make a difference of my character (I'm not the type of person to cause trouble but an assult charge says different), i was walking through a huge group of people (which were apparently about to get in a fight at school) at the time i thought they were just yelling crap at eachother as a joke so i walked through them and pushed someone out of my way, which lead to them kicking eachothers asses.    they initially tried to charge me with instigating a fight and assult but dropping the instigating a fight since i thought they were all friends (at the time they were too) but they still charged me for assult for pushing someone)

thanks for any answers given   ;D :cdn:

The question they ask you is:

Have you ever been found guilty of an offence under the Young Offenders Act or Youth Criminal Justice Act
for which a disposition is still in effect?

and your answer will be no.  The end of the story.  Move on.

Note:

If a YOA or YCJA conviction is serious (murder, sexual assault, etc.), an applicant can be denied employment even if they over 18.

Back