• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How Long Is DP1 Infantry and is anyone heading to aldershot for this course?

Whit3

Inactive
Reaction score
How Long Is DP1 Infantry and is anyone heading to aldershot for this course?

DP1
BQ - 20 days
SQ - 20 days
TQ - 20 days

by next year, the sum of the above courses will go up to 80 days as efforts to close the gap between Reg & Res are implemented

Yah I don't know if your familiar but, I had taken a BMQ/SQ course last year in aldershot and BMQ was 20 days and SQ was 15, Are you sure that DP1 isn't 3 weeks? Im just not sure unless, they elongated the course time frame for reservists in the past year.

well - 20 working days = 1 month, if that,s what you are refering to.

A few people from my unit are attending the Dp1 Inf in Aldershot this summer. Seemed kind of strange when I heard that since we're in southerwestern Ontario and they managed to avoid Meaford.

Meaford is being managed by the RCR battle school.  If it's busy doing other things this summer, candidates could be shipped off to Gagetown, Aldershot, Wainright or Valcartier (where there is at least 1 anglo course)

Hmm... my BMQ this July is July 2-23, not counting weekends, so that doesn't add to 20 days... and my SQ (I think it's an SQ?) at the end of the month, I believe, is for 2 consecutive weeks, yet that isn't 20 days either...  ::)

This has been posted several times before, but in any case the number of training days for PRes courses is

BMQ - 21
SQ - 17
DP 1 Inf - 22

As mentioned previously, some of these will change by next year.

Thanks for the replys and I apologize for any misunderstanding. I am now fully aware of how many days DP1 is going to run this year. I would also like to allude my second question due to the fact that I will be traveling from nothern NS (Cape Breton) down to Aldershot for DP1's in July so if anyone is within reasonable distance I will infact have 2 seats available. Please bare in mind this is if course dates play out on July 17th in which i will be travelling the 16th.

Thanks Again

I have a feeling it's never the same.. My BMQ was 24 days and SQ 15 days. I havent done my DP1 yet but my SQ was ridiculously short and not well managed.

nova_flush said:
I have a feeling it's never the same.. My BMQ was 24 days and SQ 15 days. I havent done my DP1 yet but my SQ was ridiculously short and not well managed.

Where did your training take place?

Back