• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How Long Did It Take You To Get Home During Yesterday's Storm?

deedster

Inactive
Reaction score
Toronto Pearson to Burlington
Left at 2:00 got home at 4:45
What a mess! :mad:

East Hamilton to South West Kitchener
Hwy 6 S to 401 to Hwy 7/8
Left at 1pm arrived at 4:30pm
Transport trucks were sliding backwards down the big hill leaving Hamilton (Hwy 6 S).

It was fun watching idiots speed past me down the Hwy, then I'd pass them after they slid into the ditch... dummies.
And I actually watched a guy get pulled over for speeding... Double-dummy.

I saw an idiot on the 401 in a big fat Lincoln passing everybody on the shoulder!  I wonder how much faster it took him to get home without causing an accident?  Triple-dummy!

piper,
I'm glad I stopped In Burlington & didn't have to go on to Hamilton, I heard it was baaaaad.  Glad you got home safely.

Piper - I hear ya on Clappison Cut there - Highway 6 - the Highway of death!

I used to drive that when I lived in Guelph and was Cl B in Hamilton. Watched more clowns out to kill themselves than I thought possible.

On the way in to work today, I called the boss as I was stuck in traffic on the 174 in Orleans - said I couldn't figure out why there were so many accidents - then, right as I said that, an oncoming car did 2x 360 right in front of me.

I wonder if there's a section on traffic citations that says 'accident caused by pure idiocy and failure to adjust to weather conditions...'

Drive safe all.

1 hour from Near Keele and Steeles to Bathurst and Steeles....a whole 5 km.  The key was good tunes and some trips out during ample down time to scrape ice.

IT actually wasn't that bad for me  the town of Trenton did an OK job on the main roads  when I was done my shift at midnight .  My problem was trying to get into my parking lot wasn't plowed  large snow drifts from the plow and small car make for a interesting situation  but all was well after a few tries  .

Guelph to Stoney Creek = 2.5hrs.  Should only take 45mins.

We are living it now in quebec city...and it is not nice...im working outside...it will fun tonight :D

You guy's had a storm ???  Oh yeah, that thing comming here tomorrow, should be fun  >:D

Oh, right, I forgot the rest of Canada doesn't always know what's going on here at the Center of the Universe!  (that's supposed to be a joke).  If anybody asks I say I'm from Montreal, via Winnipeg and now just happen to live in Toronto (sorry to my "fellow" Torontonians :crybaby: who thought it normal to call in the Army for a snowstorm some years ago.

How's that Global Warming thing coming along down there?  >:D

Brampton to Guelph wasn't bad for me as I stayed late to cover those that were arriving late, left at 1945 arrived in Guelph about 2100, an extra half hour.
Of course I do wonder how long it took the guy who screamed by me at Trafalger Rd only to have me wave as I passed him just the other side of Milton on his cell calling for a tow out of the ditch I would assume..............moron.

Downtown TO to Erin Mills  Pkwy. Four (4) hrs. Couldn't get up on the Gardiner, Go Bus stuck half way up the ramp so had to take Lakeshore.  1515 hrs to 2000 hrs.

Did you mean "up there" kirk...?
I deal with the Inuit every day & things ain't looking so good global-warming wise.  I guess the same applies for Antarctica.  Nice drive home today, no one on the roads!

Kitchener was quite a mess this morning thank goodness for VPN and my trusty BlackBerry...

ahhh I like living four minutes from work.
I couldn't even see 3RCR's building when I was at the main four way. that was interesting :D
Greg

2 minutes, 1 second.

1 minute to walk to the car, 1 second to look at the block of ice covering my car, and 1 minute to walk back into the house.  ;D

Back