• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How is my posting likely to work?

IntlBr

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Day,

I'll keep things short, and if someone wants to respond via PM instead of these means, feel free.

I'm currently training via the ROTP, and have completed BMOQ.  I graduate this year, and my COS date is 3 May, 2010 which is when I will be posted to my new unit (not sure of the location yet, although my preferences are in).  My occupation is INT O, and I have been told that I will be sent on "contact training" while I await courses, although my Subsidized Education Manager wasn't certain what that meant.  Other info I received said it will be arranged via the INT branch office and "might be" similar to OJT - O.K.

That was background for the fol:

COS is 3 May, 2010, and a tentative CAP/BMOQ-L date of 25 May, 2010.  Anyone familiar with whats been happening with Int Os lately?  I know there is a big waiting list for BIOC.  Is it similar to AF occupations in that I will be posted to my unit, sent on CAP, and then return to my unit while I await BIOC, or should I be planning a move to PRETEC O Coy in Borden?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Corps of Guides

I can't comment on what will happen to you as an Int O, but I can give some clarification on the terms.

OJT - On-job training - is an instructional strategy for granting all or part of a qualification.  Face-to-face and DL are other examples of instructional strategies.  A training plan can state that the qual will be granted by OJT and there will be a checklist of how the candidate is to acheive the POs. 

Most people in the CF use the term OJT incorrectly.  If you are killing time before a course, gaining experience and exposure, it's not OJT. 

So the terms "contact training" or "OJE - On-job experience" are used to distinguish the difference. 

So, your SEM is partly right - it will be like what most people think of as OJT, but it's not OJT.  I don't know how CFSTG and PRETC are managing things lately, though.

Corps of Guides said:
Good Day,

I'll keep things short, and if someone wants to respond via PM instead of these means, feel free.

I'm currently training via the ROTP, and have completed BMOQ.  I graduate this year, and my COS date is 3 May, 2010 which is when I will be posted to my new unit (not sure of the location yet, although my preferences are in).  My occupation is INT O, and I have been told that I will be sent on "contact training" while I await courses, although my Subsidized Education Manager wasn't certain what that meant.  Other info I received said it will be arranged via the INT branch office and "might be" similar to OJT - O.K.

That was background for the fol:

COS is 3 May, 2010, and a tentative CAP/BMOQ-L date of 25 May, 2010.  Anyone familiar with whats been happening with Int Os lately?  I know there is a big waiting list for BIOC.  Is it similar to AF occupations in that I will be posted to my unit, sent on CAP, and then return to my unit while I await BIOC, or should I be planning a move to PRETEC O Coy in Borden?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Corps of Guides

Unless they've changed course schedules the BIOC usually starts in the fall . So its possible you be on the fall course. However, as you say if there is a backlog, then you could end-up doing OJT at some int section somewhere.

Ack all, and thanks all.

I'm more trying to determine what has been the recent posting pattern for IntOs. 

Is it off to PRETEC O Coy at CFB Borden, or will it be the route which makes sense due to fewer moves (e.g. sending me to OJT/OJE at my first unit)?  Time will tell, although experience cautions me to expect the route which makes not-so-much sense.

Retired AF Guy said:
Unless they've changed course schedules the BIOC usually starts in the fall . So its possible you be on the fall course. However, as you say if there is a backlog, then you could end-up doing OJT at some int section somewhere.

The DL part of Basic Intelligence Officer PT 1 was completed on 11 Dec, and Basic Intelligence Officer  PT 2 is scheduled to start 05 Jan 2010 (according to the Army National Calendar)

Back