• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How do you support our troops?

Springroll

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I am on another website and everyday I post Inspirational Quotes.
Nothing to major I thought, until I got a message from a person on that site.

This is what he said:

--- ****** (Mar-10 10:17 AM) ---
it's great reading your quotes of the day...which by the way I love....It's people like you that make the world so much richer...When I was in Afghanistan I showed the boys your quotes and every day before we went out we read them...thanxs so much...you made being away that much easier not only for me but for my team as well. We would read them before we went into the mountains to look for Osama's retarded step children the Taliban...it became a ritual....thanxs

I never realised that I was actually supporting our troops by posting those everyday. This made me realised how some of the smallest things that we do, really does help out our boys alot. Him and his team are headed back out there in 6-7 weeks, and you better believe I am gonna keep posting those quotes...

What do you do to support our troops?

I put on my uniform and do my job to the best of my ability. :)
But really, things like what you've done can (and apparently has) bring a ray of sunshine (and a sense of perspective) to a troops day. Thank you for your kind comments, I only hope that the (silent) majority of Canadians feel the same way. :salute:

I used to write letters to "any soldier" on deployment. Seeing how I'm now married and can't get away with the same level of filth and debauchery in my letters, I knit. My current project is Izzy Dolls and finger puppets for the kids. I try to make some lacey, "girly" scarves for female soldiers because, no offense guys, but people tend to forget we have women deployed. Not much but since I hate loud noises and the sight of blood, it's the closest I get to doing anything meaningful for the troops(in an upright fashion ;))

monika said:
I used to write letters to "any soldier" on deployment. Seeing how I'm now married and can't get away with the same level of filth and debauchery in my letters, I knit. My current project is Izzy Dolls and finger puppets for the kids. I try to make some lacey, "girly" scarves for female soldiers because, no offense guys, but people tend to forget we have women deployed. Not much but since I hate loud noises and the sight of blood, it's the closest I get to doing anything meaningful for the troops(in an upright fashion ;))

Toronto eh?  :-* ;D

I support them by staying off the battlefield and far away from
anything sharp and pointy.

its safer for everyone this way!  ;)

Kidding..

I think simply by my MOC.. i support the troops.

Trinity said:
I support them by staying off the battlefield and far away from
anything sharp and pointy.

its safer for everyone this way!  ;)

Kidding..

I think simply by my MOC.. i support the troops.

The boy has learned from my tutelage! ;)

I knit. My current project is Izzy Dolls and finger puppets for the kids.

Monika, considering the history behind that project, it is very honorable of you.

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
The boy has learned from my tutelage! ;)

Yeah Tess were glad you don't play with sharp things either!

When I was deployed I always got a kick out of the letters from schools that we got, they always cheered me up even just a little.

*EDITED I had a horridly bone head momment and it was pointed out to me!!!!! Tess PM inbound*

I like to think that I support the troops by just being educated about them.. Not to mention I make it known that I support them. Anyone I know would back that up. My work teases me because my desktop background is a yellow support our troops ribbon.. People in my office have gone from having absolutely no understanding of what our military does, to knowing the difference between the 3 elements and even being able to understand the various trades and ranks they read in the newspaper... I'd like to think that's a start to supporting you all.

I've made friends at various bases around Canada, and have friends serving overseas now... I support these troops basically by just providing entertainment any way I can..  ;D

:cdn:

HitorMiss said:
And Boy is she ENTERTAINING!  ;D

Just because I thought it..... Didn't mean I'd post it HOM.. geez...

[me=Trinity]runs for the hills... Cards out for blood![/me]

HitorMiss said:
And Boy is she ENTERTAINING!  ;D

After all that talk, if only I could say the same thing about you....

In the end I'm still happy...what do I care of the happiness of others  :D

HitorMiss said:
Yeah Tess

From speaking to guys in the Regiment we are also glad you learned to not play with anything sharp... Now if only we could have kept you away from check points.... ;D

When I was deployed I always got a kick out of the letters from schools that we got, they always cheered me up even just a little.

HitorMiss said:
In the end I'm still happy...what do I care of the happiness of others  :D

And I don't feel happy  :'(  I like sharp things, and groups of armed people blocking my way...

dileas

tess

We have the "older" yellow "Support Our Troops" magnet on the car and the smaller middle pieces on the side of the doors just under the door handles. I have recently bought the new cadpat magnet but the hubby doesnt seem so energetic to use those ones....said the yellow is more "recognized". I bought several more of the cadpat magnets, seeing as last time I had company the only one I had went missing. So now I keep them stocked up and anyone who comes in, takes one and places it on their car.

When my husband is at sea, we email him through his work account just to say a quick hello and we email him and the ships crew from the website guestbook.

S.Bradbury
    :cdn:

Back