• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How do I prepare myself for my boyfriend upcoming tour in Afghanistan...

On some things i agree with avoiding the MFRC.... I am not into their warm fuzzy frufru approach to things like some of they play groups and workshops- im alot more comfortable chatting and getting advice from a group of women who dont flinch when someone drops the "f bomb" in conversation; unlike some of the  Clique-ish, pampered snobs  that myself and a few friends have encountered at playgroups at the MFRC.. ( nothing like having staff and patrons glaring at you like your a piece off poop if your young one is cranky and your stressed and it SEEMED like getting out of the house and  interacting with others might perk up weary spirits)

..BUT, that is the building here on our base where there is the Info Library where you can pick up reading material on Deployment, or info on taking second-language courses ect...

Another thing, if you are fortunate enough to be on or near a Real base, check their website for their Activities!!  Im unlucky enough to be stuck in Borden where there are none of these and it is really crappy; because Ive seen on the Petawawa, and the Kingston website ( and i bet if i looked on the others..) they do all sorts of things- Kingston is having a Spa evening for those whos spouse ison deployment, there are dinners, coffee meets; there are alot of different events for those who could use an evening or something to spend time with other people who Really know what your going through while your Love is 'over there'.

I guess it breaks down to :
A ) make sure all the paper and plans ( that God willing- none of us will ever need) in Order.
B ) make sure while they are gone, that you send some email/postal happiness :)
C ) make sure you get out of the house and enjoy yourself- release stress.  Let your partner know of planned events so they know you will be out and you wont feel like you HAVE to be tethered to the phone at home or on MSN, and forward calls ect to your cell when something comes up unexpectedly.
D ) Know that eventually the calendar pages WILL turn and they will be home and you will have made it through!

Back