• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

how do i get the goretex kit?

Ralph Wigum

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello....I was wondering if their where any requirements that are required to get the GoreTex kit? I heard that you have to be in for one year before you can get the goretex kit. And what is the process to get it.
Thanks

You need to have completed QL3. Then you just go to supply and ask for it. That's it.

(It's getting slightly ridiculous though, at least with regards to winter kit, as stocks are dwindling, and despite not having sufficient stocks of the older stuff to issue, it has been my experience at least, that supply won't issue the new goretex stuff, say issuing no parka rather then issuing a goretex parka)

I was wondering if their where any requirements that are required to get the GoreTex kit?

A girlfriend who works at base supply... or in my case: a buddy with a girlfriend who works at base supply.

I just got my CADPAT Parka, Fleece, Windpants, and Bibs today. I still have the OD gortex jacket, though. :p

I've heard(and seen)new recruits coming out of basic with the gortex as well as the local PAT platoon donning the new duds,compleat with CADPAT combats.I myslf have all of my gortex issued but its all 2nd gen stuff.To get all the really cutting edge stuff it seem you have to be in or attached to a infantry unit.Stuck in second line I'll get my CD 2 before I get an LBV!LOL

Well, apparently it's QL 2 now for IECS, locally at least.

Hmmm... Different units seem to have different standards. Last I heard, for my unit, a soldier must have been in for a year AND be 3's qualified. Who knows what it is now - the CO could have said otherwise.

Anyway, our unit arranged our sizing appointments, but we could also have gone down to our local Clothing Stores at NDMC. Not an Ottawa resident? I'm pretty sure your unit will arrange it. Ask your friendly neighbourhood QM bin rat (*friendly nudge*) for more details.

As for getting the nifty new CADPAT gortex, have a REALLY good friend in supply, or go on tour (*ahem* the tour to the Golan doesn't entitle you to the groovy relish gortex).

What little help I can give...

Talking about kit issued on tour... do they get to keep the AR combats when they return for op Athena?

Back