• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How‘d you go about asking someone out?

C

cheechue

So how did you first approach your significant other?

I‘ve asked this girl I‘m interested in to go out several times but I didn‘t specify that I wanted to date her so now she thinks I‘m just a friend to hang out with...so to avoid mistakes like that in the future...any recommendations? and hey...if there‘s any way of fixing my problem with this girl I‘d like to hear those too. :)

http://www.askmen.com/dating/index.html
Go to that website, it has all the answer you need.

Call me old fashioned, but I‘ve always felt the best way to tell a woman you like her is to club her over the head with a Sabretooth‘s femur and then drag her back to your cave.

Wow, totally off topic haha. But Fusaki, I like your methods, maybe I should give it a try since other means arn‘t working haha

When I first read the title of the post, I thought someone was giving the board a yank.

But, what if there is a girl in your unit that you want to take out. How the **** do you ask? Is that bad news?

I‘m thinkin‘ that, like all workplace romances, it is not a good thing.

It‘s probably not so bad if you are in different units/regiments/trades, etc. Any words of wisdom from the old guys?

HAHAHA FUSAKI...deffinatley a key approach...the old club and drag technique....

I usually just take her out for drinks and dinner just the two of us..and just try and get closer...and plant lil hints about your interest in her

The most success I had was when I hired a waitress at the bar I was managing and then hit on her after work one night leading us to the sack the same night. I didn‘t end up keeping that job very long.

Nine years later we are still married.

You ask this question on an army forum?

GA HAHAHAHAHAH! :D

I‘m with Royalhighlandfusilier

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

asking this on an army forum is hilarious. Trust me, army guys are not the kind of people you want to be getting this kind of advice from. No offence guys, but you‘re not exactly known for being tactful.

sure...there are tactful folks around here...just look at the great graemlins we use:

:mg: :cam: :rocket: :fifty: :flame:

My advice?

One word, three syllables:

ALCOHOL

And lots of it. Just don‘t drink too much to the point where you can‘t get it up. ;)

Tyler

How about shutting off the computer and ask her up front, if that doesn‘t work date on of her friends and hopefully she‘ll see what a great guy you are...

If that doesn‘t work, just get into internet dating and forget about real people for a while...

When men were men & sheep nervous,
we did the asking,but since my caveman days
my daughters have told things have changed.
These are their suggestions.
1- Find out if she even likes guys first.
2- Arrange to meet in a group
3-Be cool
4-Find out what they like to do & do it.
5- If all else fails bribe her.

My #3 wife & i have known each other since we
were 12. Been together for 10 & counting.

The first 2 were complete failers,but live &
learn.
;)

1- Find out if she even likes guys first.
OOOooooohhhh.... That‘s a harsh thing to happen to a guy... completley shutting out any chance of ever being with that woman....

Just be yourself and if it were meant to be, it were meant to be.

My last girlfriend dumped me because I was going on course though, so if you‘re a reservist be careful about the timing of you‘re relationshop.

Ya the only advice that makes sense is:

Just ask her. You don‘t have to (and really shouldn‘t ever) ask her if she wants to be your girlfriend. Thats too much commitment to just simply agree to right off the bat, even if you have known her for a long time.

You just ask her point blank if she would like to go to dinner with you, or a movie, or a dance club, or somewhere fun like an amusement park, or mini-golf or something. Or even something that‘s totally un-datelike. Like if you‘re friends already, just ask her out for a day hike, a walk on the beach, rollerblading in the park, a concert, or whatever else you know she‘d be into doing. Just as long as you get her alone and can start giving her that "I‘m interested in you" vibe.

If you really like her, playing cool is going to lead to weirdness later on when you let your guard down and she realises you aren‘t the same guy you were posing as. If you want to try to really connect and develop a solid relationship, then being honest about who you are (with her, and yourself) is the only way to go.

If you just have some strong physical attraction and want to get it on with her, then just play the game. Everyone knows how to play the game on some level. Just use what you‘ve got (car, money, cool friends, good looks, tough guy/ badboy image) you know, whatever.

Women always like to be made to feel like women. They like to be pursued. Trust me, while Joe Nobody is trying to work his way in on a chick through the "friends" angle, even if she likes him and knows he‘s interested, she will drop him like a hot potato for a guy who comes along and treats her like a lady, and makes her feel special.
Joe is using the back door, low risk of rejection, angle. To be right out in the open and simply stick your neck out on the chopping block to ask her out for some alone time shows that you have some b@lls, and that you are so interested in her that you are willing to set yourself up for what is possibly the worst fear of the human race, rejection. (Trust me, this is something that isn‘t lost on women. They know how uptight and nervous you are feeling when you ask them out, and it turns them on)

Unless you are trying to score dates who are obviously way out of your league, you will find that women are very receptive to dating. Even young ones who are only accustomed to dating in a more modern (lets meet with friends for months before we make a move) type of scenario. Closing the deal on a date with a chick you really like is such a rush, I don‘t think a lot of younger guys understand that, since the dating scene has become so timid over the last decade or so.

Keep in mind though you should never ask out a perfect stranger for a date. You don‘t approach women in a bar to ask if they would like to go out to dinner with you for example. You have to get to know them somewhat before you spring the idea that you would like to see them more, especially if a woman is moderately attractive. Attractive women get hit on literaly dozens of times on a night out. They are never going to be responsive to someone who is making a move on her because she‘s hot, she‘s likely been hit on by 30 other guys of all description based on her looks alone. The guy/s who actually talk to her, and (this is important) *make her laugh*, are the ones who are getting her phone#, or maybe even taking her home.

Honesty, self confidence, and humor are the most important tools when it comes to attracting women. If you think that its money, good looks, and coolness, then you are fishing in shallow water, and will probably only end up catching crabs.

Well, there‘s something to be said for going about things like this in a neat, organized military fashion. No stuttering, just effective, organized passage of information:

"Girl - ATTennnnnnnn...TAH! STAND AT.....Ease! Okay, stand easy.

Situation:
I‘m really into you, and want take you on a date, on or around 2000 hrs Friday night.

Mission:
You will accompany me on a dinner date to the Grotto Restaurant at grid 314952. (READ TWICE)

Execution: General Outline:
Three phases: Embark my PMC at your residence for travel to the objective; dinner at the objective; consolidation of gains on the date.

Phase I: I will arrive via PMC at your residence NLT 1930 hrs. Initial RV with parents at doorstep. No move before 1945 hrs. Embark, and travel to objective. Arrive 1955 hrs.

Phase II: RV with hostess 2000 hrs. As per detailed recce, dark romantic corner table reserved at objective. Wine, appies, dinner, desert as per SOPs. Earnest/witty conversation and wine will be applied at commander‘s discretion throughout this phase.

Phase III: Commander‘s judgement will determine appropriate consolidation of any gains made on the date. One primary and two alternate plans are required:
Primary: Good progress made will require a move back to the commander‘s apartment (call sign PAD). Candles, music, wine, and prophylactics will be requisitioned in advance and stored in place. Actions to be determined at commanders/girls discretion, with provision for a crash action move back to initial RV no later than 0150 hrs to meet a 0200 curfew.
Alternate 1: Moderate progress made will require a romantic walk at a suitable locale (location to be determined). Return to initial RV NLT 0030 hrs.
Alternate 2: Failure of msn at obj will require immediate return to initial RV after dinner.

Service and Support:
Atts and Dets: You.
Dress will be casual.
Reservations at the Grotto to be made NLT noon Thurday.
My PMC and personal quarters will be stocked as necessary and clean NLT 1700 Friday.

Command and Sigs:
I will lead the mission, you will be the 2 i/c.

Questions, Time check, orders end."

"Okay, steady up. After dismissal, I‘ll see you Friday night. ATTennnnnn....TAH! To your duties, DIIIIIIS...Missed."

I haven‘t tried this yet, but I don‘t see how it could go wrong.

lol Max that was funny....

Thats what I really want on a date. An intelligent LT to give me orders on how to conquer the objective.

Back