• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

House watching policy while on tour !! need some info

trencher

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys

Im looking for some info on the policy in regaurds to paying a company to watch your house while you are on tour.

I know now you can not pay a family member or friend to watch it no more it has to be a actual company,

I want to know what this company needs to have to be able to do this.

J

trencher said:
Hey guys

Im looking for some info on the policy in regaurds to paying a company to watch your house while you are on tour.

I know now you can not pay a family member or friend to watch it no more it has to be a actual company,

I want to know what this company needs to have to be able to do this.

J

First I've ever heard of this policy change as it would be more expensive in the long run.

Most Security companies charge in excess of $50/ hour for a hard security job, probably the same for a daily security check on a house.

I'm rather curious on this.

Regards

No the cf pays you to pay someone to come in every week to make sure your house is not flooding or burnt down.

Do you have a program or policy that you can direct us to that states this? I like the idea, but would want to know what it says in writing.

Yea, I remember hearing about that during our pre-deployment admin, I don't think your friend/family member gets to much money for it though.

Better check with your home insurer as well, their policy changes for winter and summer when houses are left unlived in.

ref: Tango's post

That is why I am interested in hearing more about the reference.

Reason im trying to find out some info is a few guys here would like to get a business licenece to be able to do this. The clerk here said all you need is a business licence and the CF will pay you to take care of other members houses.

Last thing i want to do is leave my house in the hands of some comapny who pays some 16 year old kid to come look at your house, mean while he goes in there looks at all your nice belongings and makes a list and gives it to one of his buddies and you get back and your stuff is missing.

You use to be able to pay a family member or friend,but now they want someone with a business. I also heard the business had to be insured/ bonded for 1 million dollars.

Ill keep digging around.

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
Most Security companies charge in excess of $50/ hour for a hard security job, probably the same for a daily security check on a house.

Fifty bucks an hour!! How about minimum wage or a little better depending on the job. And what is considered to be a a "hard-security" job? I want to know so I can apply for it! 

Retired AF Guy said:
Fifty bucks an hour!! How about minimum wage or a little better depending on the job. And what is considered to be a a "hard-security" job? I want to know so I can apply for it!

The 'security company' would get $50. The guard would get minimum wage. ;)

Some information online at:

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/ps/db-as/faq/ce-fe-eng.asp

You need to be attached posted outside Canada or prohibited posted within or outside Canada (OUTCAN) to be eligible for Custodial expense.  Custodial expense from a commercial firm will be reimbursed at a daily rate of $9.17/day, not to exceed $275 for any given month.

See also the DCBA Aide-Memoire: http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dgcb-dgras/ps/db-as/am/doc/am-2008-eng.pdf

recceguy said:

Yep! Makes you almost want to open your own doesn't it?

Regards

recceguy said:

You are so right... I should have caught that, but just came off a late shift (working security no less!!) and was a little tired. But even charging fifty bucks an hour for checking someones house sounds extreme to me... but hey if someone is willing to pay for it ... good for the security company!!

Back on topic.

recceguy said:

Depends which security company you hire;  some of them are actually good, but the rates being charged can be higher (i.e. $75/hr).  The question to ask is 'How much is your house and belongings worth to you?' and how often do they need to check up on your place? 

Ive heard of good results with persons hiring retired RCMP officers as house-sitters.  Of course you have to know one first, they dont all advertise their services... 

Back