• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Horror movie SAW III

Yrys

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6101704.stm

Film fans faint at Saw III show

The Halloween horror hit Saw III was released on Friday in the UK
Staff at a UK cinema have had to call emergency services three
times in one night because of a spate of people passing out during horror film Saw III.

What is the fascination with these freaking gory torture flicks?!?  They are nigh on snuff films.

I remember seeing something about films and how they represent the times.  In a time of war with violence everyday, these movies reflect the mood of society.  Or maybe some people just have some twisted interests?

The way I look at the Saw / Hostel movies is like this : What would I do different? Would I be able to live?
They get me thinking even after the movie is over...

I personally find the sequels stupid. First was ok, second sucked, probably will rent third for something to see.

Example(2nd film)... Would you not think twice before putting your hands into a glass box with oddly enough the antidote in it?

O well its only a movie after all.

The glass box chick was DYING from being poisoned. I highly doubt that at that point anyone can think straight.

Saw3 was not as gory as Saw2. I was genuinely disappointed.

Or maybe some people just have some twisted interests?

I have to agree. I saw the first two and I was dissapointed. Hostel was the same.... I think some people are plainly strange.  ???

Sequels are rarely better. Still, I do enjoy the blood and guts!!!! Hostel was pretty good, Saw was better.

I was kind of disappointed with this one too; seemed unnecessarily gory at times; where the earlier flicks seemed to at least flow better with the story/purpose the writers were trying to get across.  The "higher moral value" of the films, trying to get people to see the light and grab hold of their lives,  was kind of lacklustre in III.

Also, at least one of the setups the victims were put in, I found a very big flaw... and thats disappointing.

I wouldn't say that ultra-gore movies are anything new, they are just that much gorier because they now have the ability to do alot more. I didn't find SAW anywhere near as disturbing as, say, the original texas chainsaw massacre movie. Then again, I found the Shining to be a little freaky.

And as for the glass box girl, I can understand ONE hand in the box... but WHY would she put BOTH hands in the box.... She could have just pushed open the metal flaps closed on the one hand with the other hand!

Klc said:
And as for the glass box girl, I can understand ONE hand in the box... but WHY would she put BOTH hands in the box.... She could have just pushed open the metal flaps closed on the one hand with the other hand!
She did that because it was in the script.  That's why

;)

I KNOW that.... I just have a tendancy to overthink the movies a little.

Back