• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HLVW Air brake / start-up Aide-mémoire

RHFC_piper

Reaction score
HLVW Air brake / start-up Aide-mémoire

I require a digital copy of this procedure... I know it does exist one way or another; either as an Aide-mémoire or just the rundown given on course.  I had the Air brake start up procedure typed up on a wallet sized card, given to me on the HLVW/Air brake course, but alas, it has since been offered up to the moving gods as a sacrifice (lost it in the move).

Since my unit does not have HLVWs, nor can we ever seem to get one, I really haven't considered it a huge issue until recently; I am departing for Ex Maple Defender in just over a week, as an HLVW driver and am short one piece of invaluable kit; HLVW Air brake Aide-mémoire.

Normally, I would just go to my unit TN NCO and ask for one, or even just get on a DIN computer and dig it up, but I have a day job (co-op placement) an hour away from the armoury which leaves me know time to make it in during working hours... In fact, I doubt I'll even see the armoury again until the day I depart, which may be a little late to request this information.

So, with all this said; if anyone here has this document, whether digitally or just typed out in a PM, I would greatly appreciate having it sent to me as soon as possible (would be good for review as well... it's been a while since course.)

Before the dog-pile begins; I did search... I searched here, google and every other resource I have access to... no dice.

Cheers

Well... My question has been answered. And in record time (thanks again, dangerboy).

Unless someone wants to post it here, or discuss the procedure further, I think this one can be locked up or deleted... or whatever.

And, if anyone here is heading out to Wainwright next month for Ex Maple Defender; I'll be there with the pipes, playing on top of an HLVW (when I'm not driving it.)

Cheers.  :piper:

Back