• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HLTA

DEVES

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering some information on leave from tour.

1. Are you allowed to bring your spouse and what can you claim for expenses.

2. Is there anywhere you cant go

3. Whats a good place too go with spouse

4. Any other pertinent Information

Thanks

Off the top of my head:
Reasonable transportation expenses (flight, train etc)
50% of a tour where accomodations, meals and transportation is included (not city tours, or most diving tours)
50% of a cruise
75% of a winnebego or sailboat accomodation when rented for more than one day and used for accomodation.

Uniglobe GEO travel has a website explaining it all - although the prices on the packages are somewhat dated.

Derek said:
Just wondering some information on leave from tour.

1. Are you allowed to bring your spouse and what can you claim for expenses.

2. Is there anywhere you cant go

4. Any other pertinent Information

Thanks

How about trotting on over to the welfare section. They have all the answers to your questions. Even the "good place to go with your spouse" question.

I would Trot over to the Welfare section If I knew where the Welfare section was. Catalyst Thanks for the Reply checked the website but can see anything for military personel. Looks like any travel agency website?

Thanks

MFSI's will get you there - specifically MFSI 10.21 (Hint: DCBA website)

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you're expecting to deploy with 3-09. As such, once the task force stands up, you will get numerous briefings for the admin side of things, to include how HLTA works, and the entitlements based on the rates at that time.

Derek said:

What kind of question is that ? Do we know you and your spouse enough to answer that ? Whats good for me and my spouse could be living freaking hell for you and yours. Theres +/-2500 CF pers deploying to Afghanistan with +/-2500 different ideas about where a " good place to go " is.

CDN Aviator said:
Theres +/-2500 CF pers deploying to Afghanistan with +/-2500 different ideas about where a " good place to go " is.

And, not all of them are places you would want to bring your spouse...

Aviator - Relax it was just a question.  No need to gripe.

As for the HLTA side, see a local CFPSA pers.  If you are on a base they can direct you.  I would suggest planning ahead, but don't make arrangements until you are told when your leave block is.  I saw a lot of angry pers when they thought they had one plan and ended up having to change after timings were adjusted.

Once you get to theatre the local travel reps are GREAT too.  I went solo, and planned my HLTA all on the go, but they made it go smooth as silk.  Thats what they are there for, and they will help you decide what your wife might like too.  Sit through the briefings and I am sure you will have a great one.

Best on your tour.

If you are deployed, the office is in New Canada House - walk straight in pass the lounge area and its the first door on your right. My awesome collegues will be able to help you out.

The website is here: www.geo.com/canadianforces and they have an email that you can email them ahead of time.

Travelex is the second company that we have signed a MOU with.

Wow its amazing to see over the years who still thinks there tough SH*T on the internet.
Either Way thanks  Catalyst  for the Website and all the info might be HELPFUL for all of those other people that want to look and see where they want to take there loved ones while on there Leave.  It nice to get a little insight on other peoples experiences so that everything goes smooth and I don't waste my time going somewhere that might create problems! Don't really travel to that side of the world too often.

Sorry wrong link www.geo.ca/canadianforces/index.htm

;)

Prolly wont be here when you get here but I'll train the donut makers/button pushers well for you

Well I have a HLTA question (I figured it was better posting here then starting a new thread); what Passport do you use on HLTA; (issued green one or your personal blue one).  We seem to keep getting told different things depending on what Sgt we ask.

I would hazard to guess for HLTA you would use your Blue passport as you will be flying commerical air.

Green. Just don`t try to go to the diplomatic line in Dubai airport. It doesn`t work.

Is there a CANFORGN, CFAO, or DOAD that would have this written in?  Just looking for something official, so I can leave my Blue passport at my parents house.

You need the green passport to get to and from KAF. It will be taken from you on arrival in CM, returned to you when you go on leave, and taken back again when you return from leave. You will be cautioned during your HLTA briefings that possession of two passports is illegal in Dubai.

The green one is the only one that you need.

Loachman said:
You will be cautioned during your HLTA briefings that possession of two passports is illegal in Dubai.

correct me if I'm wrong, but it is illegal to be in possession of two Canadian passports at one time anywhere.  And what I mean by be in possession, is have access to two at once.  If you want to go by the book, and anyone in a deployment cell correct me on this if I'm wrong, you are required to hand in your blue passport before you are given your green one.

Back