• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hk21A1 - the SAW with some class...

Thanks I6.

The prices aren't bad at all, since I'm not paying a mortgage. I have never done gunfighter, only PWT3 and a Basic Urban Skills course, do you reccomend starting with iron sights or some kind of optic?

To date I've always shot better with iron sights, and usually swap my C79 for one of those crappy plastic sights if I can.

How well does that sight keep its aim after firing full auto? Looks like a nice piece of kit. Go deer hunting with that, and the deer haven't got a chance!! :salute:

When dialed down to 1.1 with the dot illuminated -- it acts like a Aimpoint or EOTECH -- so its pretty good -- shoot both eyes open and your GTG.

Its nice since you can also crank up and deliver more precise shots at 4x with the crosshair.

Kinda of reminds me what the FNC2 should have been. Can it still takes standard mags or strictly beltfed?

Colin P said:
Can it still takes standard mags or strictly beltfed?

Infidel-6 said:
Talking to buddies in AWG, Delta and DevGrp they recommended not using the box since it pinches closed if you put any pressure on it -- one of the navy guys is trying to dig up some nutsacks for it for us.

Yes, it accepts standard mags, but according to I-6, it is ill advised.

Voila

I thought I6 comments refereed to a attached box for linked ammo as opposed to a magazine for loose ammo?

It does not take mags -- it can take a belt box.

The Hk11 is a mag fed --and the Hk21E can be converted to mag use (at the expense of the belt fed option)

Well I guess I was a little confused. In conjunction with the term "Box" being a little vague, when I saw the magwell on the Hk21E, I must have assumed it could take both, similar to the C9.

So it'll shoot belt fed, or mag-fed, but not both. Correct?

The Hk21E has a swing down loading gate for the belt -- this can be swapped with a mag feed method (not a field swap).

The Hk21A1 we have has a side opening loading platform -- it is intially awkward -- but once you get used to it -- its is as easy or easier as re-loading a C6.

FYI new M249/Minimi production guns got rid of the magwell as its a stupid waste of weight. 

Sorry. That was just too hard to resist.

But I did try.

I like right hand cocking handles -- I use the C8/M4 cocking handle with my left -- and you use the Hk series with the left -- its less comfortable than the MP-5 due to weapon overall lenght -- but still very easy to use.

BigRed got back off leave to day -- so unfortunately I think he will come calling for it back  :(

Back