• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hitting the Gym While on Course?

FutureQYR

Inactive
Reaction score
Im in the process of a component transfer from PRes to Reg and will hopefully soon after be taking my Engineer QL3.
Now I know being on course is very demanding on physically and mentally, I was just curious if someone might be able to inlighten me as to whether or not I will more than likely be able to hit the gym atleast 3 times a week on course?

Might sound kinda dumb or ignorant, but theres nothing better than lifting weights!

Thanks for any replies!

For your Indoctrination Period, No .... after that depending on your course schedule probably Yes....

Mind you will be doing enough PT in the morning/during the day that you won't need to go in the evening....

Disclaimer: I'm not an engineer.

I would guess that b/w morning PT, marching everywhere, field exercises, and prep for BFT, you won`t want to.

TimBit said:
Disclaimer: I'm not an engineer.

I would guess that b/w morning PT, marching everywhere, field exercises, and prep for BFT, you won`t want to.

And lots of heavy lifting, carrying your house everywhere you go (i.e. ruck sac with marching order), etc etc.....

Thanks for the responses guys.

Can someone maybe clear up what/how long an 'indocterination period' is? (NFLD Sapper)

Im really trying to get an up to date feel for what life is going to be like reg. I take it by course schedule you mean depending on the content and day to day doings of my QL3? (i.e Ftx's)

Once im done my QL3, THEN will I be able to go to the gym as part of a daily routine?

The workings of Reg F often confuse me  ;)

YoungQYR said:
Thanks for the responses guys.

Can someone maybe clear up what/how long an 'indocterination period' is? (NFLD Sapper)

About a month of kit and quarters.....

After QL3, yep you can hit the gym every day if you want.  Mornings are often PT as a group, but after work, you can do pretty much whatever you want, bar any taskings, or duties.

On my Engineer QL3 we spent every evening polishing the brass in the shower room and waxing the hallway floor courtesy of our  9 fingered clown of a course director.

That was way better than going to the gym.

Back