• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

High Ranking Police Folk Allegedly Behaving Badly

The Freedom Convoy fallout continues ...

Officers weren't told of threats to harm police, says RCMP 'Freedom Convoy' report​

An internal RCMP review of the force's response to "Freedom Convoy" protests found that some officers at the scene of an Alberta blockade were unaware of threats to harm police until after the episode ended.

The review report also describes "chaotic" efforts in early 2022 to mobilize officers in Ottawa, a lack of proper equipment, inadequate training, poor intelligence co-ordination and exceptionally long days that prompted some Mounties to sleep in their offices.

In addition, the federal government's "demands for hourly briefings" during the upheaval left no time for intelligence units "to prepare an assessment, nor to collect the most up-to-date information," the review says.

There were updates everyday during that period in K. I was part of them. The national apparatus may have been behind but we were doing our Own thing. I’m sure intelligence units in the national region were preoccupied with Ottawa demands and senior officers. The good news is they weren’t working the blockade or the Alberta protests anyways.

There were updates everyday during that period in K. I was part of them. The national apparatus may have been behind but we were doing our Own thing. I’m sure intelligence units in the national region were preoccupied with Ottawa demands and senior officers. The good news is they weren’t working the blockade or the Alberta protests anyways.
I'm glad you said it, as I was going to be completely out of my lane with any similar comment I made. Plus you'd know better than I.

But yes. This ^

Drunk driving, leaving the scene of an accident, lying about his vehicle being stolen and damaged. Still a police officer - but I can't see him ever credibly testifying in court again.

Drunk driving, leaving the scene of an accident, lying about his vehicle being stolen and damaged. Still a police officer - but I can't see him ever credibly testifying in court again.
A two year demotion. Talk about devastating repercussions.

A two year demotion. Talk about devastating repercussions.

Probation and $2,000 fine in court; demotion as disciplinary finding under the Police Act.

Missed that. Still ridiculous to keep him employed.

IMO he should be fired and out of the profession. There’s screwing up, and then there’s deliberately lying about it and trying to hide it. The impaired is a big deal. The false stolen report, IMO, is bigger, from a professional standpoint. He will never be a credible witness again. FWIW, a two year demotion is a pretty heavy financial hit- about $33k in his case. Though I note it’s only if he ever comes off medical leave.

Some interesting changes

Thank frig. Long, long overdue.

Awkward ....

Victoria police officer’s lost notebook contained personal information of 54 people​

A serious security breach has Victoria police warning people to consider temporarily moving out of their homes.
70c8fc80

Police said one of their officers lost a notebook for eight days in February and it was in temporary possession of what they called “the criminal element.”

Const. Terri Healy with Victoria police said the officer misplaced the book while executing a search warrant.

“They took all necessary steps,” she said. “They advised their supervisor that the notebook had been left behind at the search warrant. And our information office notified the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner.”

Healy said the notebook contained the personal information of 54 individuals, who are now potentially at risk.

“Out of an abundance of caution, we have offered those affected information on personal safety and home safety,” she added.

Awkward ....

Victoria police officer’s lost notebook contained personal information of 54 people​

A serious security breach has Victoria police warning people to consider temporarily moving out of their homes.
70c8fc80

Police said one of their officers lost a notebook for eight days in February and it was in temporary possession of what they called “the criminal element.”

Const. Terri Healy with Victoria police said the officer misplaced the book while executing a search warrant.

“They took all necessary steps,” she said. “They advised their supervisor that the notebook had been left behind at the search warrant. And our information office notified the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner.”

Healy said the notebook contained the personal information of 54 individuals, who are now potentially at risk.

“Out of an abundance of caution, we have offered those affected information on personal safety and home safety,” she added.

Innocent mistakes happen. People are People. This officer didn't try to cover it up with some story, or pretend it didn't happen...they realized their mistake, went to their supervisor about it, and appropriate steps were taken.

Sure, it's a hassle. But it's life & life happens.

The BC Civil Liberties Associstion needs to get off their high horse. This is one of those things where not commenting would have been a lot better. (Imo anyway)

Something in that story doesn't add up.

warning people to consider temporarily moving out of their homes

“But at this time, there’s no indication that there’s any risk. We have conducted a risk assessment and there’s nothing to indicate that these people are at an increased rate of harm.”

Telling people they should move out certainly seems to imply there's an increased risk of harm.

there is potential risk because bad guys have all their contact info- but there isn’t presently any anticipated or imminent risk.

Theres a good chance this is just an officer who was assisting in the search and their notebook doesn’t have informant identity or info in it. So it’s just an abundance of caution because Ingrid’s contact and break and enter compliant details are out there

Innocent mistakes happen. People are People. This officer didn't try to cover it up with some story, or pretend it didn't happen...they realized their mistake, went to their supervisor about it, and appropriate steps were taken.

Sure, it's a hassle. But it's life & life happens.

The BC Civil Liberties Associstion needs to get off their high horse. This is one of those things where not commenting would have been a lot better. (Imo anyway)
Agreed.

While this is a bit of an "oops". It would for all intents and purposes seem that the officer involved has owned it. Not really an example of "Behaving badly"...

IMO he should be fired and out of the profession. There’s screwing up, and then there’s deliberately lying about it and trying to hide it. The impaired is a big deal. The false stolen report, IMO, is bigger, from a professional standpoint. He will never be a credible witness again. FWIW, a two year demotion is a pretty heavy financial hit- about $33k in his case. Though I note it’s only if he ever comes off medical leave.

Thank frig. Long, long overdue.

Totally agreed. There are so many good applicants (well maybe not as many anymore) who can't get hired because of this reason or that reason...and if this had happened prior to him applying, he never would have been hired.

The impaired is poor enough judgment, but the false report of it being stolen? In another scenario, that could have ended up with insurance money being paid out, so...

there is potential risk because bad guys have all their contact info- but there isn’t presently any anticipated or imminent risk.

Theres a good chance this is just an officer who was assisting in the search and their notebook doesn’t have informant identity or info in it. So it’s just an abundance of caution because Ingrid’s contact and break and enter compliant details are out there
Tough to say if it would be a general duty notebook with a bunch of stuff from a bunch of files, or if it would be a case-specific project notebook with, say, notes for witness statements etc pertaining to that particular file. Either way an embarrassing oops. I wonMt try to speculate about the specifics on the potential risks.

Just one last question, colonel. If you ordered that Santiago was not to be touched and your orders are always obeyed, then Santiago shouldn’t have been in any danger, should he?
If the Colonel ordered Santiago not to be touched and his orders were always followed, could it be quite possible that Santiago was still in danger because he pissed off people outside of the Colonel's command...??

Just sayin'...if I ordered my guys not to touch a certain person, and that person ended up dead anyway...then MAYBE it wasn't my guys. Ever think of that Mr. Tom Cruise!?

(I probably wouldn't lose my temper & admit to perjury while yelling at crown counsel tho...)

Back