• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hey look, another one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not the first in your particular situation s you know, but your case is still unique enough that it is likely going to take a fair amount to convince some of the people who need to be convinced that, unique as it is, it is not too "special" a case, nor such that will constitute a real problem.

This is a very conservative (not in the political sense in this context) organization, and for good reasons.

You will still need to be patient.

While you wait, prepare for the appeal as you seem to be doing.

Good luck.

Yes, patient I will have to be. I will not appeal until after they decide to with the new information. CF needs to a clear-cut rule and not having one on this matter goes against the very conservative nature of the CF. 

I still amazed at how folks just assume that potential employers owe them something........

mellian said:
CF needs to a clear-cut rule and not having one on this matter goes against the very conservative nature of the CF.

No, I think that it's the best that we can do at this point, with so little experience to go on.

Evaluating each individual is a lot better, I think, than the former clear-cut rule ("no") that preceded it.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
I still amazed at how folks just assume that potential employers owe them something........

I am still amazed folks still think I believe potential employers owe me anything.

mellian said:
I am still amazed folks still think I believe potential employers owe me anything.

By stating that the CF needs a clear cut rule it implies that you feel you should already received an answer by now.

Larkvall said:
By stating that the CF needs a clear cut rule it implies that you feel you should already received an answer by now.

What is wrong with adding another rule in the Medical Standards to make another group of people as not special? That is not a feeling of entitlement, it is something that makes sense to have and cut down on unnecessary back and forth bureaucracy. 

If they had, the Sergeant that gave me the medical would know exactly what to check and ask for instead of needing to call someone in Ottawa, and still miss out on information I would have provided then instead of later this month.

Wanting a clear policy is not unreasonable.

I just don't think that it is achievable yet.

There was a clear policy a few years ago, as I said, and the answer was immediate - a simple "no".

What we have now is actually progress.

Women went through a similar period, as did gays, and visible minorities. They are all accepted now.

mellian said:
If they had, the Sergeant that gave me the medical would know exactly what to check and ask for instead of needing to call someone in Ottawa, and still miss out on information I would have provided then instead of later this month.

A Sergeant is not the final authority.  A Doctor would be.  That is why someone (a Doctor) in Ottawa is making a decision.

Loachman said:
Wanting a clear policy is not unreasonable.

You are quite correct. I agree with mellian on this point. That being said, there is none at this time but there is a process to go through to have the situation looked at in the abscence of clear-cut regulation.

Provide what they want, jump through the hoops and quit bitchin' about all the way through.

George Wallace said:
A Sergeant is not the final authority.  A Doctor would be.  That is why someone (a Doctor) in Ottawa is making a decision.

Yes, and they made decision on information they did not have because there was no policy to tell the Sergeant what to ask of me. Hence, me providing that information now in January instead of back in September for that Doctor to make a decision with.

CDN Aviator said:
Provide what they want, jump through the hoops and quit bitchin' about all the way through.

Yes sir.

One thing that sucks with the CF is the amount of information that's clear and the amount of information that's available publicly.

For example, there's a 50+ page debate on the use of CF uniforms on these boards just because no one has bothered to clearly outline the policy and procedure on a public outlet.

I think the CF should add as much as they can to the web and have it accessible to the public like our comrades to the south.

If I wanted to find out how the U.S. military promotion system worked with T.I.G., education points, duty points, etc etc etc I could find the approximate date of promotion for an individual in that military. I could also find out how many squares of toilet paper you are issued depending on your ***hole size. Hell, I could even find out how many hot sauce packets you would get in a MRE.

If I want to find what jobs are available in the CF, what jobs are in demand, and what jobs had signing bonuses I would be **** out of luck. If I wanted to find out what the levels were in the CF shuttle run was you would be told by CFRC that they have no idea or you would be told online "you'll find out when you do the shuttle run".

Someone needs to increase the amount of information from the CF by tenfold and make it available easily to the public.

Mellian's case is just another case in point.

Dean22 said:
Someone needs to increase the amount of information from the CF by tenfold and make it available easily to the public.

Someone, then, needs to pay for it.

Putting stuff online and keeping it current takes time, effort, and money, and there is little enough of that as it is.

Whoever they hire to do it could quite likely be the guy that they hire instead of you.

Dean22 said:
Mellian's case is just another case in point.

No, it isn't.

I got through the recruiting process fine back as a naive 17 year old when the internet and all it's information was just a gleam in somebody's eye.

Anyone else?                      Yup, that's what I thought, a cast of thousands, man we must have been good. :king:

Bruce Monkhouse said:
man we must have been good. :king:

Or maybe less used to having information handed to us on a platter?

Dean22 said:
One thing that sucks with the CF is .........

The number of people with 6 minutes or less in the service who think and act like they know it all.

Loachman said:
Putting stuff online and keeping it current takes time, effort, and money, and there is little enough of that as it is.

Well, considering they already keep stuff up to date on the DIN side of things, I don't see how much harder it would be to make the same regs/docs available on the Internet. 

Mind you, it's sometimes hard to find updated stuff on the DIN...

SupersonicMax said:
Well, considering they already keep stuff up to date on the DIN side of things,

lmfao.....theres more broken links and outdated pages on the DIN thatn on the entire internet. Shit, its even worse on AFCCIS.

SupersonicMax said:
CSNI you mean? ;)

Sorry, i cant keep up with the changes anymore. I still live in a world where O groups were done face to face and when you wanted to read routine orders, you looked for a flip file on a wall somehwere.

...and the sticker on my computer still says AFCCIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back