• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hey guys, i need a bit of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

genesis563

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi guys, let me start off by saying that I'm new on this forum, but its awesome and really helpful.
Here's my story, i want to become an MP so i recently gave my papers (in the beginning of March) to join the reserve MP unit in Quebec city. I'm guessing ill get the call to do my tests in a matter of weeks now, and it will be just a few weeks after wards that ill be accepted (i estimate that if all goes well i should be in at around May).
The thing is that I'm trying to plan my summer and next school year. So my first question would be, do you guys think I'll be able to
complete my BMQ, my SQ, and my MP formations by the end of the summer? I have one of two options and need to get it straight. First off, if possible, i would like to complete all my military formations before the end of the summer to be deployed to Afghanistan thereby exempting me from the Police Foundations or Techniques Policières pre-requisite. Otherwise i would go to Ontario to do my Police Foundations course. Although i have already applied for the course and am awaiting a reply, i do not want to confirm and pay extra fees if i could spare them.
(I hope I'm being clear when writing this so far and that your following me  :-\)
So if anyone could give me a little feedback, i would greatly appreciate it.
Meanwhile, since I'm on the subject, I'd like to ask to ask a few more questions about MP's.
What exactly are the differences between a reg MP and a res MP, more specifically while on tour. Hence job description (what do they do over there?), equipment, etc.
How much can an MP make on a 6 to 9 month tour of duty in Afghanistan or anywhere else? Are the any differences between the res/reg pay while on tour?
I heard that MP is better spelled Mp, meaning that they're supposed to have a big M and little P mentality. Is that true and what does it mean exactly?
Well, i think I've rambled on long enough. First off I'd like to apologize for the long post, and i would secondly like to thank anyone who is nice enough to read and reply to my post.
Thanks guys

"So my first question would be, do you guys think I'll be able to
complete my BMQ, my SQ, and my MP formations by the end of the summer?"

I'm a civy, and I never have done any procedure, but I will be honest (and unkind) :
:rofl:

There isn't 2 procedures that are similar. Nobody here can do anything but GUESS
at the time YOUR procedure will take : i.e. don't count on anything toward the fact
that you submit your papers.

Military Police Branch

Recruiting FAQ: PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD!

Why we pay Reservists what we do (Including Reg v.s. Cl B v.s. Cl C pay, and Double-Dippin')

Military acronyms are always all caps.  Military Police = MP.  Canadian Forces = CF, etc.

When you see a shortform for something is the only time you will see a mix, for example the rank is Sgt not SGT, as SGT would mean something is three words.  There is no scope to change things like that because someone wants to, the CF has rules on writing and it's MP.

What you have heard is a metaphor for how Military Police are viewed by some as expected to prioritize their responsibilities, as in "You are military first and police second".

I would argue the opposite.  The CF does not need MPs who turn a blind eye to illegal activity of soldiers, but MPs who are understanding and willing to give the benefit of the doubt when it could go either way.  A lot of people knock MPs but in my experience I have had nothing but positive encounters with them.

double-facepalm.jpg

genesis563- If you do some reading you will find out that timelines are impossible to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back