• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Here we go again

military granny

Inactive
Reaction score
Well folks most of you know my oldest son was a member of the military and now is on his way back in, he has discovered that civy life is not for him. Now the youngest is sitting here filling out his papers to join up........Guess I will be a Military Granny for many years to come.

The military lifestyle is very contagious.

All it takes is for one family member to join.

Then it spreads within that family.

When you put on the uniform.

It never comes off.

Never.

I've seen people leave the CF in the past and many have gotten back in just because of the lifestyle, the people etc.

You haven't said if you're happy about it Granny....

Regards

Granny,

My best wishes to both of them, that all goes well with your eldest son's transition back in and with your youngest son's enrollment  :)

~Rebecca

Oh guys and gals I didn't mean it to sound like I'm unhappy about .... Just  that this one really shocked me he was talking college and going south to work and like magic a package of papers were on my desk at work and a young man was asking me for addresses of places we lived for the last ten years. He has been involved with cadets since he was 13 and is now a cadet instructor but I didn't think he would go this route. But like with the older boy I am damn proud of him.

military granny said:
But like with the older boy I am damn proud of him.

I bet you are, too!  Best wishes for both of them.  :cdn:

Granny, I am glad you will be here for many years to come.  I always appreciate your comments and support.  Your boys are lucky to have you.  Good luck to them both.

Granny,
was just going through some old photo's with a friend who has finally been posted back to the island after a sixteen year absence. In one photo we have three young PPCLI fathers and three toddlers. We were chuckling over our youthful looks, and then realized, one of the toddlers just got back, one is on the next roto. Where does twenty years go.

Good Day to all my army.ca friends. We the oldest boy got his call back yesterday so as of the 22 he is on his way to Wainwright. He's not too happy that they want him to do his QL3's ( I think that's the right term) again but hes on his way. He's been out for six months and more then ready to get back in. Well that's one down and one to go, the younger boy is still waiting for his security clearance and then interviews and then I imagine it wont be very long for him either. Old military granny is going to have an empty nest soon.

3rd Herd said:
... Where does twenty years go.

Could you let me know when you find out?!  :)

Edit because I'm punctuation challenged.

MG

Didn't your oldest have a tour under his belt? I am curious as to why he would be doing Battle School/BIQ/QL3's again...

HoM

Yes he was overseas on 1/06 and I have no idea why they want him to redo his QL3's again. I'm think it may be to make sure he can handle the pressure on his back after his accident but heck I'm just a mom what do I know. All I know is I took the youngen out for beers to celebrate last night.And he will go on to Wainwright and see what the guys there tell him.

I am shocked GM...

I think when he gets to Wainwright he should request a file review. less then 6 months out of the infantry, returning to the infantry with a combat tour somethng just doesn't jive....

military granny said:
Old military granny is going to have an empty nest soon.

You know the military is hiring, right? I'm sure they could use a good person like you.  ;D

Go Granny Go !!
Congratulations re: your sons MG, I know you must feel so much pride.
Godspeed to both of them!

HoM
He has stated that very thing to me in not as nice of words, as you know our infantry boys learn a lot of new words none of them nice. he is going to ask for an assesment and go from there.

Schultz and D Squared
I dont walk much further then my car, basic would kill this old broad, but thanks for the thought. :rofl:

MG
I'm 10 years older than you are and I gave it a shot..it didn't work out, but, I did give it a shot.  Thanks for the smiles.
;)
Your elder,
D2

Back