• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hello everyone.

Caldwell

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey,

I am a 17 year old highschool student (going into grade 12 this September). I plan on joining the Canadian Armed Forces right out of highschool, because it is always something I have wanted to do. I have really thought long & hard for the past two years making sure that this was the right decision for me, and it is. I usually get people nagging me to not go, because they say I won't be able to handle it or it's not worth it etc etc.. I am sure you guys have heard it all before yourselves.

The reason I want to join the Canadian Armed Forces is for the expierence, adventure, & all the challenges that will come my way. I work out regularly, and focus a lot on cardio. I also do a lot of the foundation workouts such as situps, pushups & chinups. I wish I could join the Canadian Armed Forces now, but it would obviously be in my best interest to finish highschool.

I know their is a medical sub-forum to discuss all things about the medical before enrolling in the Canadian Armed Forces however I have just one quick question that I can't really find the answer to. I took inhalers for a BAD winter cough I had about two years ago, they were asthma inhalers but not for asthma. Would I be "medically unfit" to join the military? I sure hope not, and I guess I will just get a doctors note before my medical to show the medical examinor that it was indeed just for a bad winter cough. Mostly because I lived in a pretty run-down house at the time w/ lots of dust etc.

Anyways, just thought I would introduce myself to everyone. See you guys around!

--Caldwell.

Look up some of the topics on "Asthma", "Inhalers", "Education", "High School", "Entry Requirements", "Enrolment Medical", etc.

Davidyoung99 I love how you give out random medical advice on who qualifies as being med fit and who is not.

Caldwell Asthma, yes or no?

Have you ever been diagnosed with reactive airway disease? Yes or No.

If you're unsure speak with your family doctor and your CFRC Med Staff. Not any random staff, the Med Staff. The people calling the shots are either going to be a PA at the CFRC, or a PA. You can't miss them.

Back