• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Having another job while in the CF...is it possible?

Was able to get some info. My references for my memo was:

Refs: A. QR&O 19.42 - CIVIL EMPLOYMENT
B. DAOD 7021-1, Conflict of Interest

Just in case anyone needs to do it :)

Just about all the stokers I knew had some type of side-gig:  welding, fabrication, car and motorcycle repair, home renovation, heavy equipment operation, tree clearing....that is just what these guys did. 

The only time I recall it was an issue was when one stoker was being sued for not paying one of his suppliers.  His court date was set for the middle of a deployment. 

When I asked around, I was told to do the memo. Better to be covered.

stoker dave said:
Just about all the stokers I knew had some type of side-gig:  welding, fabrication, car and motorcycle repair, home renovation, heavy equipment operation, tree clearing....that is just what these guys did. 

The only time I recall it was an issue was when one stoker was being sued for not paying one of his suppliers.  His court date was set for the middle of a deployment.

Is this the case you're referring to?
https://www.canlii.org/en/ns/nssc/doc/2001/2001nssc32/2001nssc32.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAITWVycmV0dGUAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=2

Back