• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Happy 125th

Happy 125th to all Dragoons, and of course, all my fellow RCRs!  :salute:

Especially those members of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th battalions, currently deployed overseas!

I just got back from a luncheon with the Atlantic Chapter of the RCD Association.  About 2 dozen people showed up, and of course we all toasted the Regiment on the occasion of its 125th birthday!

Lance Wiebe said:
I just got back from a luncheon with the Atlantic Chapter of the RCD Association.  About 2 dozen people showed up, and of course we all toasted the Regiment on the occasion of its 125th birthday!

Sounds like a good turn out.  I hope Leroy, Busher and many of the other older gents are still enjoying good health and can get out to these events.

Pro Poultry, oops, Patria  :salute: and whatever the blackhats say to eachother as well  ;D.

MM

My sister and I just did the Ortona toast as a favour to some members of the Regiment. Happy 125th to the RCR and The RCDs.

Happy birthday to the Dragoons and their younger (by about 30 minutes) brothers, The Royals.  Toasts all 'round.

Happy Birthday to all my fellow Royals and heres a toast to all you dragoons out there.  :salute:

Heres to another 125 :cdn:

Pro Patria.

Pro Poultry, oops, Patria  and whatever the blackhats say to eachother as well  .

Hey chickens are good anyway you cook them  ;D

George Wallace said:
Sounds like a good turn out.  I hope Leroy, Busher and many of the other older gents are still enjoying good health and can get out to these events.

Leroy only showed up for a few minutes.  Busher was there, of course.  John Kelly, Larry Brown, Ralph MacAvity, Marriott, Ray Ward, John Bosh, Joe Cloake, Ed Moore, Dennis Arsenault, Tom Urbanowski, and Tim Bennett were also there, along with a few others.

I think Leroy is getting old.....

Did Leroy and Busher do their normal "slag each other and scrap it out for the crowd" routine?

Pro Patria my brothers!

And Happy birthday to the Zipperheads too

CSA 105 said:
Did Leroy and Busher do their normal "slag each other and scrap it out for the crowd" routine?

No...like I said, I think Leroy is getting old.  Not as feisty, and he doesn't hang around.  Drops in and leaves shortly after.

As shocking as it is to say, I think a change in the hierarchy is in the works.  Busher and Leroy have been running the chapter for at least 20 years, maybe longer.  Neither one of them would be called a spring chicken........

happy 125th rcds-rcrs  :salute
wish i could have been there for a cheer  :cheers:
i know joe cloak,,,and john bosh,,, any-
one heard about art merritts whereabouts?
which merriot ?
leroy?
                            best regards...
                                scoty b

To all former and serving members of these two fine Units,

Happy 125th!

OWDU

Having had the honour of serving with both these fine regiments I offer a hearty

"Pro Patria"  :salute:

"Bold and Swift"  :salute:

Hope you're both around for another 125 years.

Back