• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas leader assasinated

K. Ash

Inactive
Reaction score
As I‘m sure you‘ve all heard Sheikh Ahmed Yassin the leader of the Palestinian Terrorist group was killed Monday.

A lot of people all over the world are condemning Israel for carrying out the attack. Stating that it's only going to make things worst.

In a way I suppose they are indeed right. But, in another way a major player in the terrorist world is now dead, how is that not a good thing?

Any comments?

what a bunch of morons, they want to extinguish a fire by putting more gas in it :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, we may have lost another thread on this which contained some thoughtful debate.

Here‘s a thought:
Terrorist leaders rely upon underlings to carry out their dirty work - for example, they don‘t do the suicide bombings themselves - they employ poorly educated dupes, instead. The leaders, themselves, consider themselves too important to die prematurely ...
So, perhaps a solution is to "nip a problem in the bud" - preventative medicine, so to speak.
Perhaps, eventually, Darwinian selection will occur and the herd will have been culled sufficiently until there are no more terrorist leaders willing to step up to the plate ... ?
It‘s just a theory, but it seems to work in sciences such as genetics ...

Bossi... that may be a solution, but I don‘t think that the ideas of genetics play too well in the realm of human brashness and emotions...

I am neither condemning nor applauding Israel‘s actions. They are there own, and I truly do not know enough of the history to give a thorough opinion... that being said, I believe that Yassin‘s killing by Israeli authorities may be a spark on the gasoline, as Da_Man said.

He has now become a martyr... a visible sign of Zionist aggresion... and what a symbol... a man confined to a wheelchair. He was a spiritualist for the palestinians (I believe), so this act will just get them madder and madder, and bolder and bolder.

Again, that said, I agree that taking out the heads of terrorist organizations (confined to wheelchairs or not) is a viable, in fact, important strategy in the "war on terrorism". And Hamas is absolutely a terrorist organization.

It is going to be interesting to see what happens in the near future. I for one would not want to be travelling in or around the holy land right now... :)

How come the US can attack al-qaeda, but Israel can‘t attack Hamas?

Originally posted by bossi:
[qb] Unfortunately, we may have lost another thread on this which contained some thoughtful debate.

Here‘s a thought:
Terrorist leaders rely upon underlings to carry out their dirty work - for example, they don‘t do the suicide bombings themselves - they employ poorly educated dupes, instead. The leaders, themselves, consider themselves too important to die prematurely ...
[/qb]
I know I can‘t be the only one that sees the dripping irony in that statement.

the only way to look at this is in real terms hammas and the other orgs are only gangs and they are much like the gangs in the western world as they have a set hirarchy and when one of the top is taken out their will be another to take his place,this may sound a little extreem but why not level the whole place and start over even though it will start a major war in that part of the world (isnt that what isreal wants)although i dont condone violence cause as this conflict has proven as have many others that violence begets violence then mabee they should try tolerance ,however difficult that is for them as this whole thing has bred an entire generation of people who hate each other so much and the majority dont even know why only that their grandparents said so their parents said so now they say so as will their child think so its a terrible situation so mabee the only thing is to clean house ,TABLA RASA perhaps this might make a differenceonly my opinion though .

Obviously, Israel did a cost/benefit analysis before taking the action when they did. They must have had other chances but decided not to. Obviously they came to the conclusion that short-term pain for a long-term gain. There also doesn't seem an obvious trigger to the assassination other then the port bombing a couple of days ago. Unless there is other intelligence out there we are not aware of. The Israelis are a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. They must know that suicide bombing will increase. Maybe it will reinforce their location of the security wall where they want it. Or maybe the American election being in progress, will mute criticism from their staunchest ally. Or cause them delay the uprooting of the illegal settlers as promised by the peace roadmap. Whatever it was, they picked this time for a reason. An increase in suicide bombings, while deadly to the general populace, increases the demand for a hard-line Israeli position.

The only gaurentee will be Palestinian bombings and Israeli retributions will continue with more innocents dying then combatants, each blaming the other, but no one having the moral high ground in this conflict.

Back