• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

And you can't just emigrate to Canada from any place, there are procedures and red tape, but it is clearly possible as people have done it. We can't reasonably communicate if we have to qualify every statement for all the potential exceptions.
I suspect an Israel will be under much less scrutiny by our officials than a Palestinian. But with entities like Hamas , rightfully so.

On the flip side I'm sure immigration to Israel is many times more then immigration to anywhere in Palestine.

My point is Israelis enjoying much more freedom than Palestinians when it comes to movement between nations.

Only in the most sarcastic tone of voice possible.
That is exactly what I was going for.

Realistically the only solution is someone completely dominating the region, and imposing order through brutality like the Romans did. Even then it was a constant hotbed of unrest, but the Romans felt no qualms about applying more boot to the neck.

I suspect an Israel will be under much less scrutiny by our officials than a Palestinian. But with entities like Hamas , rightfully so.

On the flip side I'm sure immigration to Israel is many times more then immigration to anywhere in Palestine.

My point is Israelis enjoying much more freedom than Palestinians when it comes to movement between nations.
You're right about that... and I believe these are points that matter a whole lot more than cranking back centuries through old maps.

Whether or not, or which, nations previously existed is close to irrelevant.

A people, maybe a bunch of peoples, occupy a land. New peoples move in, and there are some displacements. A new nation-state emerges, perhaps where none previously existed, perhaps quickly or perhaps after a passage of time. Some descendants of the older peoples still resent their displacement; some of them want their own governance. The newer peoples want to erase the board and start fresh, with exactly one status of citizen and everyone subject to exactly the same set of rules.

That is exactly what I was going for.

Realistically the only solution is someone completely dominating the region, and imposing order through brutality like the Romans did. Even then it was a constant hotbed of unrest, but the Romans felt no qualms about applying more boot to the neck.
I pray you're wrong. Personal experience of Jews and Arabs living together tells me there are other ways, but as you say, are they realistic in the middle east. How do you remove entrenched extremist leadership without brutality and ensure the winning side doesn't end up run by extremists as well? Unclear.

Michael Higgins is on point and I agree with his article.

Michael Higgins: Trudeau must condemn these obscene rallies that shame Canada

I hope a lot of CUPE members cut their support

F7-1iQybkAAmnF3

Whether or not, or which, nations previously existed is close to irrelevant.

A people, maybe a bunch of peoples, occupy a land. New peoples move in, and there are some displacements. A new nation-state emerges, perhaps where none previously existed, perhaps quickly or perhaps after a passage of time. Some descendants of the older peoples still resent their displacement; some of them want their own governance. The newer peoples want to erase the board and start fresh, with exactly one status of citizen and everyone subject to exactly the same set of rules.
Agree, with one snag... given Israel's objective of being a Jewish state there is plenty of pressure to not nationalize more Palestinians even if the Arabs were willing. A second state is pretty much necessary to any peaceful outcomes.

Agree, with one snag... given Israel's objective of being a Jewish state there is plenty of pressure to not nationalize more Palestinians even if the Arabs were willing. A second state is pretty much necessary to any peaceful outcomes.
Gaza was to be that. Israel gave it up and evicted Jewish Settlers from it. Both sides need land and water, but there is so little of it to give up. Israel is roughly 411km long by an average of 80km wide. West bank takes up 127km by 54km. If the West bank was given up Israel at its narrowest would be 13.6 km wide. Giving up the West Bank is suicide. As for Gaza, even the Egyptians didn't want it back. They also blockade their border with it as well. Israel has learned that except for Egypt, no good will come from giving up land.

Death toll from the attack is now 900 and counting.

From CNN:

At least 900 people dead in Israel, Army Radio reports​

From CNN's Sugam Pokharel

At least 900 people have been killed in the Hamas attacks on Israel, Israel’s Army Radio reported on Monday.
and

Civilian hostages will be executed if Gaza attacks continue without warning, Hamas says​

From CNN’s Kareem El Damanhoury

The spokesperson of al Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, said civilian hostages will be executed and the killings will be broadcasted if Israel targets people in Gaza without warning.
“We declare that we will respond to any targeting of our people who are safe in their homes without warning, with the execution of our civilian hostages, and we will broadcast it with audio and video,” Abu Obaida said in a statement posted to al Qassam Brigades' Telegram channel Monday.
Hamas claims it is holding more than 100 hostages, including Israeli army officers. Qatar has been in talks with Hamas about the hostages that the militant group is holding inside Gaza, a senior US official told CNN.

So seems CUPE 3906 has gone into full scrub down mode. Deleting all evidence of their tweet they can. Too bad for them the internet don't forget.

Even if they apologize its not enough in my eyes. The tweet, deleted or not, will hurt CUPE as a whole.

Gaza was to be that. Israel gave it up and evicted Jewish Settlers from it. Both sides need land and water, but there is so little of it to give up. Israel is roughly 411km long by an average of 80km wide. West bank takes up 127km by 54km. If the West bank was given up Israel at its narrowest would be 13.6 km wide. Giving up the West Bank is suicide. As for Gaza, even the Egyptians didn't want it back. They also blockade their border with it as well. Israel has learned that except for Egypt, no good will come from giving up land.

The problem the Israelis had is that they had financial backers. With enough money they could make any forlorn chunk of desert bloom and make it profitable. They created wealth. That made them objects of envy.

Had they lived like the locals it is unlikely that the locals would have been bothered by yet another poor tribe in the area.

The Israelis are successful and that is the greatest crime anyone can commit these days.

If Gaza spent half as much time turning itself into an entrepot like, for example, Singapore, as it does in trying to figure out how to efficiently slaughter drugged out teens at a party it would be far better off.

Last edited:
Back