• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

it seemed that small towns in the US had BLM issues a few years ago…

My guess though is that major Jewish populations in Canada are in major cities. (I stand to be corrected though). These protests are targeting those communities in those major cities. It’s likely also where most Palestinian supporters will be found as well.

We recently had protesters in the west end targeting an intersection near a grocery store known to carry kosher food and cater to the Jewish community in Ottawa. The organisers claimed it was just a coincidence but everyone knows they were full shyte.
I'll never understand why in this day and age that hating Jews is still considered to be politically correct.

I'll never understand why in this day and age that hating Jews is still considered to be politically correct.

I don't know that it was ever PC.

Dec 19, 2023

Antisemitic incidents make up 53% of reported hate crimes since Israel-Hamas war began: Toronto police

Toronto's top cop tells board that police visibility likely helping deter more crimes from being committed​

Antisemitic incidents are up 211 per cent since the Israel-Hamas war began over two months ago compared to the same time period last year, Toronto police Chief Myron Demkiw said Tuesday.

It’s very weird that society seems to be tolerating it.

As a WASP Male, I see a lot less in common with the protestors than their targets.

I wonder if Israelis started having Palestinian Killing Rallies how quickly they’d get shut down.
Because frankly when fools chant River to the Sea, it’s just double speak for the genocide of Israelis.

I saw a guy at the Toronto ice skating protest who looked just like a bunch of the goofs at the February Ottawa protest. I have a feeling there are a group of losers who join in these “events” because it’s something for them to do.

Maybe at some point, most people will recognize the Arab power-block has no interest whatsoever in seeing Palestinians function within in a multi-faceted Middle East. Even Jordan, which has been the most supportive Arab state of the Palestinians of late, is taking its lead from KSA & Coy.

Once again Paul Wells hits all the salient parts of police response to protests.

That was an absolutely fantastic piece. I’ve only been doing the public order thing for a few years, so I haven’t experienced from our side how it was before. I can definitely see how our current philosophy and strategy is informed by the thinking described in this article. Anyone truly interested in the police public order aspect to these events should read this article.

I have a feeling there are a group of losers who join in these “events” because it’s something for them to do.

Right.

I also have that feeling when I see the freedom 4-wheelers.

Good article. Right near the end he offers the following choice facing law enforcement: "they have a broad choice to make: repress protests through implied or real force and escalation, or help protesters make their point and, at some point, go home." I would temper those words a bit from "help protestors" to 'allow protestors'. I can only assume the recent 'coffee incident' was an attempt to establish a rapport or gain some trust, but efforts like that come off as taking sides. I know in past incidents, liaison personnel have sometimes lost sight of their role, and quite frankly which side they are on, it their efforts to maintain trust and develop dialogue.

I saw a guy at the Toronto ice skating protest who looked just like a bunch of the goofs at the February Ottawa protest. I have a feeling there are a group of losers who join in these “events” because it’s something for them to do.
All the major centres have a group of "professional protesters" that come out and join other groups protesting. Once saw a group of "normal protesters" get pissed at the career types and beat them up till they left.

If the courts give the police an instruction, the police are at liberty to ignore the law?

If the courts give the police an instruction, the police are at liberty to ignore the law?
Can you clarify what you’re referring to? The courts don’t get involved in police operational decision making. It will be a very rare court order that would compel police to do something operational and specific. Courts may make court orders that are police enforceable, but that doesn’t necessarily usurp police operational discretion on the ground.

Seen it done. In the idle no more protests a judge gave a court order to clear a railroad crossing that had been blockaded. Instead of enforcing that order a cop went and sat with the protesters. And that cop retired just about 3 years ago, so he didn’t get fired or any other fair punishment for his clear dereliction of duty.

At the end of the day our institutions are only as good as what we are willing to do to enforce them. Currently we are not willing to do so as a society. Laws are broken constantly, our streets are filled with citizens actively breaking the law. Criminals act with impunity and if someone dares to stop them we blame the good samaritan for getting involved and having the audacity to put a end to it.

Hell we allow our politicians to unilaterally re-write the constitution in ways they legally have no power to do so just because no one wishes to actually enforce the laws we have in place. All are signs of a declining democracy.

Seen it done. In the idle no more protests a judge gave a court order to clear a railroad crossing that had been blockaded. Instead of enforcing that order a cop went and sat with the protesters. And that cop retired just about 3 years ago, so he didn’t get fired or any other fair punishment for his clear dereliction of duty.

At the end of the day our institutions are only as good as what we are willing to do to enforce them. Currently we are not willing to do so as a society. Laws are broken constantly, our streets are filled with citizens actively breaking the law. Criminals act with impunity and if someone dares to stop them we blame the good samaritan for getting involved and having the audacity to put a end to it.

Hell we allow our politicians to unilaterally re-write the constitution in ways they legally have no power to do so just because no one wishes to actually enforce the laws we have in place. All are signs of a declining democracy.
Not to make this political, but the above does involve politicians in some way, shape, or form.

The morale of the country as a whole is at a low point. The same applies to countries all across the west, as well as Australia and New Zealand...

The sooner we get the WEF "young global leaders" out of office & implementing the WEF agenda, and some normal folks in office who just want to build a stable economy & restore pride in the country, I think the decline will start to reverse itself.

I genuinely hope so, anyway... 🤞

Back