• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

Rally and celebration in support of the murder of hundreds of civilians including the kidnapping of women, children and elderly, not to mention the terrorist group Hamas. Great chance to take names and faces and start to deport people.

Meanwhile…

Pro Palestinian protest/rally planned…

We have anti terrorism laws. I wonder if we have any lawmakers willing to use them.

We always go through this. Egregious violations of civilized behaviour and international law; rallies supporting the political aims and brushing aside the conduct of operations of the supported "team"; intemperate responses by people supporting the other side which would also be egregious violations, if carried out.

This is basically a war. Violations may be much worse than recently witnessed in Ukraine, but don't erase the status of the national or nation-like authorities in charge.

In addition to ordinary military operations, decapitation strikes against leadership and economic blockade are on the table.

The reality of this is its a conflict that has been ongoing since biblical times in one way or another, and it will go on for longer than anyone here will be alive.

The only way it will truly end is one side is erased. Palestinians don't have the might to do that and Isreal can't because it will make them a pariah.

There are always going to be flare ups in some shape or form. I'm not tying to lessen this or condone some sort of action.

So your telling me that Hamas is a peer to peer force with the IDF?

Limited means they do not have the same capabilities of their opponent. The Viet Cong were limited in equipment in comparison to the US. The Afghanis were limited in their equipment in comparison to the West.

Just because they had some rockets and managed to coordinate a attack doesn’t mean they are anywhere near the same playing field as their opponent. The IDF has the capability to wipe them out with very minimal casualties on their side all things considered.

The occasional ‘bad Israel please stop’ from the UN means nothing. The South Africa treatment would do a lot to getting them to change their actions.

You are severely misinformed on what the ‘settlers’ are doing. They are actively driving people from their homes and bulldozing them. If the Palestinians resist in any way the IDF steps in or the settlers themselves kill them.

In particular it has ramped up drastically recently with the re-election of Netanyahu.

And for the record I am mostly pro-Israel, I just don’t give them a blank cheque for their misdeeds.
the people who have supplied and trained Hamas are certainly the peers of Israel> Hamas wouldn't have moved if they hadn't been given the motivation by their backers so yes, this is a peer level confrontation and not a collection of persecuted camel drivers.

We have anti terrorism laws. I wonder if we have any lawmakers willing to use them.

IRA, Khalistani, PLO/PFLP/Hamas should all be treated the same way. Them and their fundraisers, quartermasters and activists of the diasporae.

Most people come to the west for a peaceful life.
Some come to find a quiet place to act as a Maintenance Area, hiding in plain sight.
Some come to disrupt the place.

Disruptors are easily dealt with criminally.

It is the bunch in the middle that needs sorting out. And no pandering by politicians should be tolerated.

Banner for every customs hall in Canada.

"Welcome to Canada. Leave your troubles at home!"

You can't fight a foe trying to follow the rules while your foe doesn't. Rules only work when everyone plays by them.

I disagree.

If you show up with overwhelming force you can impose your own rules and standards on the fight.

The messiest fights are the ones where neither combatant has an advantage.

IRA, Khalistani, PLO/PFLP/Hamas should all be treated the same way. Them and their fundraisers, quartermasters and activists of the diasporae.

Most people come to the west for a peaceful life.
Some come to find a quiet place to act as a Maintenance Area, hiding in plain sight.
Some come to disrupt the place.

Disruptors are easily dealt with criminally.

It is the bunch in the middle that needs sorting out. And no pandering by politicians should be tolerated.

Banner for every customs hall in Canada.

"Welcome to Canada. Leave your troubles at home!"
well spoken

If the world's armies are seeing a need to incorporate Information Affairs into their battle orders does that make an activist a combatant?

If the world's armies are seeing a need to incorporate Information Affairs into their battle orders does that make an activist a combatant?
The definition of combatant has to evolve to stay relevant.

The battlefront of today is not the battlefront the world was seeing when most of the laws around war were agreed to.

Cyber warfare is a fast evolving and even though they can be an enemy they don't fit the tradition description of 'combatant'.

The definition of combatant has to evolve to stay relevant.

The battlefront of today is not the battlefront the world was seeing when most of the laws around war were agreed to.

Cyber warfare is a fast evolving and even though they can be an enemy they don't fit the tradition description of 'combatant'.

When can they be secured and considered Prisoners of War?

Back