• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Haircuts

jonsey

Inactive
Reaction score
OK, so what are the regulations regarding hairstyle for men. How short, is there a ‘too short‘? Who cuts it, and how often? Do reservists have to get this done on their own time (as I would assume)?

Not sure of the exact regulation, except that hair can‘t touch the ears and must be tapered in the back. There isn‘t a too short, some guys shave it off completely. You must get your hair cut on your own time.

Anything longer than a 3 up top and a 0 on the sides is hippy hair IMO. Course, the regs now allow the hair on top to be 6 inches long, but that‘s so all the London, Toronto, and Ottawa boyz can show off their frosted tips out at da club.
Oh, and shell out the $10 to get a barber to do it right instead of taking up a drunken friend on his bet that he can give you a good ‘do. If there‘s anything that will get an RSM‘s spidey sense tingling, a halfassed haircut and less than perfect shave will do it. We may not be able to kick anyone‘s ***, but boy do we look parade square ready.

Pretty much what Marader said, but the thickness of the hair on top can‘t be any more than 2 inches. As for the frosting of hair or dieing of it, go for it! If you want to go to jail that is ;)

Meghan,[ Decoy]
I just looked through some of your writings, especially the Cuban ones, and found you to be a smart, well-versed person even though we disagree on your intense dislike of the US among other things.

With you being so well-versed it shocks me that you would register, log in and act like a troll on our website.
Please explain.....

decoy said:
Hmm..I have dreads...I wonder if I'll have to cut them off....  ::)

I knew someone who claimed to be a Rastafarian and his dreads drew the sgt-major nuts for years

decoy said:
Haha! Seriously??  ;D My main concern is that if they make me cut em' off (requires a head shave usually), I might get some unwanted attention from other female recruits (being female myself) at BMQ :crybaby:

Get rid of them now or you'll be cryin' in the barber's chair day one of course.

Regards

decoy said:
Haha! Seriously??  ;D My main concern is that if they make me cut em' off (requires a head shave usually), I might get some unwanted attention from other female recruits (being female myself) at BMQ :crybaby:

Huh?

What are you talking about?  Unwanted attention from other female recruits?

I think dumbaisse statements, especially from someone who is well versed in social observation, would get you into more trouble than your hair.

You would not be the first gal that had a shaved head, sorry to break the news demi....

As for registering here, I'm applying to become a reservist.  What do you mean "acting like a troll?"  

Oh, ok, so the books that you wrote absolutely mean nothing, now that you are grown up....what does that mean about the context of your posts now then?  Will the integrity change after the long weekend?  pfft...

dileas

tess

ahhh,

:rofl:

Sorta missed it, thanks for clearing it up...

However....are you saying that your previous political beliefs are null and void now??  You have been reformed and are not part of the red horde....hehehe  that was a joke too..kinda  :p

dileas

tess

Recce By Death said:
Pretty much what Marader said, but the thickness of the hair on top can‘t be any more than 2 inches. As for the frosting of hair or dieing of it, go for it! If you want to go to jail that is  ;)

You can't have dyed hair ?

Center_Right_newfie said:
You can't have dyed hair ?

You can but it has to be a natural colour, so you can't die your hair blue or pink!

Don't worry about haircuts too much. You'll get a thorough and effective crash course during basic training that will set the course for the rest of your career :)

says you. even my family is saying I've got long hair for an army boy. heck even I think I do.
I just wanted to play the game of 'how long can it go' :D

Yeoman said:
says you. even my family is saying I've got long hair for an army boy. heck even I think I do.

I do that one too.... but it's too hot outside... I got the "Hitler" look going on now.

Yeoman said:

Become a transgender, then it could go as long as you want  ;D !

I used to compete in the sideburn growing contest.

Scott said:
I used to compete in the sideburn growing contest.

I tried that once.... didn't go well. I seen some German navy folks around the other day. They had side burns and goatee! WTF! I'm joining the German military now.

I think it was the Danes I saw at the Dome who had long hair and a chinstrap beard.

Or maybe he thought he was at Reflections...

May be you were at Reflections? I tend to stay away from there.

;D

Edit to add Poop Grin Face, so Scott doesn't kill me. He's only a hour away.

Okay, I had the tips of my hair done on several occasions here in Gagetown.  Now posted to Valcartier, I wouldn't think of doing it!  It is not illegal, just frowned upon by some.

You are allowed 15cm in length as a male on top of your head and no more than 4cm in "bulk" or "height" (when your hair is combed back for example).

There is no such thing as "too short" anymore as they changed the regulations a few years back.

There is no monetary allotment for haircuts anymore and it is the responsibility of the member (read reservists and regulars) to get them done when his appearance doesn't reflect on the professionalism of the CF.

Back