• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gun Camp 2007

Adrenaline

Inactive
Reaction score
The G AND SF and a few other reserve regiments converge at LFCA TC Meaford for another March Break jam packed with live ammo and H.E.  Here is a video I put together of all the stuff we did. Never edited any kind of media before so this was my first kick at the cat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmlJYXbfLnE

Enjoy!

-Adrenaline

Adrenaline said:
The G AND SF and a few other reserve regiments converge at LFCA TC Meaford for another March Break jam packed with live ammo and H.E.  Here is a video I put together of all the stuff we did. Never edited any kind of media before so this was my first kick at the cat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmlJYXbfLnE

Enjoy!

-Adrenaline

I hope you cleared this through your COC as it could land you in hot water.

I know that at our recent demolitions ex we were order by CFSME (specifically the SCWO IIRC) not to take any pics/videos of what we where doing.

Gun Camp?  I didn't see a single tank fire a round through the whole video?  That's not a gun camp!   ;D

Command-Sense-Act 105 said:
Gun Camp?  I didn't see a single tank fire a round through the whole video?  That's not a gun camp!   ;D

LOL  ;D

BTW the person on the 84mm had horible aim, rounds seem to fall short.

First time I fired the NM-72 and 84mm I scored "kill" shots the hulks at the A/T range in Gagetown  ;D

Yea we dont employ the .50 anymore. However, just because meaford has some doesnt mean we cant use them!  No one has any familiarization lessons on it.  The #2 in the video is a high rank who knew how to use it. he just told us what to do.

yeah i heard its comin back as well.  But we're an infantry unit. Like hell im gunna carry that fucker around.  IMO, we'll never get one.

Adrenaline said:
yeah i heard its comin back as well.  But we're an infantry unit. Like hell im gunna carry that ****** around.  IMO, we'll never get one.

Generally it's used mounted on vehicles.

Most infantry ops are out of LAVs anyway- you probably won't see us humping .50s when the vehicles each have a 25mm.

Ya I have to agree, not one tank can't be a gun camp!!!

But being an ex Forester, and knowing they use to have Sherman tanks back in the day, I guess I can let it slide!

I didn't see anyone I recognized, but then again most would be WO's and CSM's by now!
At least it looked like you guys had fun!

Has your unit adopted the Gunfighter program?  If not, I strongly suggest that they do!

I remember when you guys came up to shoot.  I was finishing up my DP1 at the time and all we could hear was your guns.  It made everyone on the course really jealous/mad.  Throughout the course we were told how there were ammo shortages and we have no live 84mm and no live 40mm no live 60mm to shoot.  then all we hear is live everything for a week straight.  ::)  It seems a little silly to me, but i looks like it was fun.

Back