• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

got some advice for rifle teams?

For the Zone Shoots make sure you have the correct number of shooters,and you must have 2 Jrs on your team of 5 (under 15 years old)

In my oponion, The Canadian government should not even allow you cadets to use weapons. Ok i agree its only 25 rounds but thats 25 rounds for like 7,000 cadets, like come on thats 175,000 rounds going to waste every year that the regs and reserves can be using to fight a potential attack. Knowing Canada already (no offence im in the reserves too) they are in a prety bad financial position, our weapons are old and our size is small so why waste 25 rounds on a 14 year old kid whos probably gonna miss anyways (possibly kill someone) and waste all the rounds.

- DO NOT WASTE :fifty:

Originally posted by Usman_Syed:
[qb] In my oponion, The Canadian government should not even allow you cadets to use weapons. Ok i agree its only 25 rounds but thats 25 rounds for like 7,000 cadets, like come on thats 175,000 rounds going to waste every year that the regs and reserves can be using to fight a potential attack. Knowing Canada already (no offence im in the reserves too) they are in a prety bad financial position, our weapons are old and our size is small so why waste 25 rounds on a 14 year old kid whos probably gonna miss anyways (possibly kill someone) and waste all the rounds.

- DO NOT WASTE :fifty: [/qb]
Its good to have an oponion.But you might wanna look into it a bit more.Army Cadets in Canada have been given a budget to use as they see fit used to Rent Vans, R&Q, PP&S,Training Equipment and cadet pay. Its not wasted just on Ammo as you might think. Yes they do shoot 25 rounds at Cadet camp for fam Trg.The age for cadets to shoot the C7 is 15 and silver star as stated in Cato 14-41

[qb] YOU KNOW ITS TRUE DONT DENY IT [/qb]
I have been working with the cadet movement fo over 13 years yes there might be some wasted but I have not seen it..

Originally posted by primer:
[qb]
I have been working with the cadet movement for over 13 years yes there might be some wasted but I have not seen it.. [/qb]
Watch it, Primer, he‘s just trying to get under your skin. He‘s already demonstrated his ignorance about the cadet program in another thread, and it seems to me that he‘s just trying to stir up more crap and waste Mike‘s bandwidth.

Hey Usman, why don‘t you go pick on somebody who thinks like you do -- a fence post would be a good start. If you don‘t have something constructive to add, zip it.

My troll detector is starting to detect some troll-like comments....

Usman Syed...I‘ve been in the Forces a bit longer than you...I think a small investment in our young is worth while. Some of these youngin‘s go on to join the forces. Why can‘t they be exposed to something that instills a bit of pride and self confidence at the corps level that is within their budget.

Kids firing weapons have you worried? Cadets only fire on average 25 rounds a year...how about the kids in Afganistan who fire 100 times that amount at moving targets?

‘Nuff said

Regards

Well I had to say something.... :D

Regards

Well, yah your right im just a a private, and i agree that may of these kids are gonna go onto to get into the forces, but they should at least limmit it a little, and yah if these kids shoot of all our rounds who are the kids if afghanistan shoot when they have too. I agree with you but you know canadas forces are already lacking funds.

I do not mean offence to the forces unfotunatley its the truth.

:fifty:

Usman Syed....It‘s up to DND and the individual corps to decide what they will do with the monies and rounds. We who serve can vent, as you are doing right now, and have every right to do so.

Just try to understand that you are condeming a way of training that has been, in effect, around for over 150 years for cadets.

I am not trying to stifle you...just trying to enlighten you to the facts. These kids are interested in the things that we do. Why shouldn‘t they be exposed to our ways then, albeit to a lesser extent?

Information is power...and you‘re trying to make them powerless in being informed in our ways. Sometimes the best way to learn about something is with a "hands on" approach. Weapons safety and training, by your statements, should be taught by using powerpoint.

If that‘s your idea of "the truth", you have a bit of research to do.

Regards

But I got to hand it to some of you guys pretty stong with words ... anyhow sorry and peace thats what we are peace keepers :)

Back