• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gore Tex wet weather boots

RocketRichard

Donor
Reaction score
Greetings

On summer BMQ does anyone foresee any issues with soldiers only having Gore Tex Wet Weather boots? Ie no other boots to wear.  Any experiences with this?  Will it 'eff'  up the soldier's feet marching and in the heat?  Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massive issues. Feet will sweat, and not dry out during use. CWWB are not appropriate for summer training like a BMQ. If you're staff, allow the member to purchase SWATs from CANEX, if clothing stores cannot/will not provide a temperate boot.

Yes, it will cause them problems.

When I was on course staff, I had a QL2 recruit (Yes, I'm that old) that couldn't get his hands on the right size of boots.  Clothing stores just didn't have his size (which was pathetic, because it was a pretty common size from what I remember.)

In order to compensate for his boots being too big, he wore his grey wool socks overtop of his normal socks, to fill out the boot.  That worked fine during classroom & parade square stuff.  But when it came time to do BFT, ruck marches, etc etc - he had massive heat/sweat issues which caused some pretty brutal rashes on his feet.

Finally, one of our instructors (may have been me, can't remember) - took him and we bought him some boots from Mark's or something, that was more appropriate for summer weather & whatnot.

If need be, allow the member(s) to take the initiative and get their hands on an appropriate boot.  It does make a difference for the field portions of course.

If Supply is out of their size in a temperate boot is there any scope for the students to get a chit from the UMS to authorize purchase of a commercial boot? You should really do everything you can to get them into SWATs or another lighter boot.

We shouldn't be burdening the medical system for supply issues.

Oh, I know. But that's reality in this scenario. If the Supply issues can't be resolved in enough time, it's the lesser of two evils to get they guy a chit so his feet don't cause him to become a real medical problem. What other solutions do you suggest to this specific situation?

ArmyVern posted some CFSM links in the boots thread, clothing stores should be buying the member LPO boots.

Thanks all. It ended up getting sorted. The members were issued 2 pairs of the  soon to be discontinued, very goofy looking LOTB boots. Better than just goretex wet weather but very un military looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad it was sorted. Witnessed someone try to do BMQ-L in the summer with CWWB, it was a gongshow.

Back