• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Google maps Pres unit

mysteriousmind

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
Personally, I think that's a great idea.

mysteriousmind said:
I had a flash yesterday for the people who wanted to join the Pres, but count figure out where were exactly the units.

So Basically What I did, I  started to put the unit location onto Google maps. and I wanted to know what you tough of it.

For now I did the province of Quebec, and wanted to know If i should continue or not.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=fr&msa=0&msid=100758150005836512778.00043c2b0f2856f5e854f&z=6&om=1

I like the visual and it will take a fraction of the time it took to make my list (not saying it isn't hard work).

Van gemeren,

It is still a good job to do, even with the list of the CF web site

This is an awesome idea!  Kudos to you brother!!!  Can I make a small correction though?

You have listed;

4e Bataillon, The Royal Canadian Regiment
2100, boulevard Le Carrefour Laval, QC H7S

Should that be the Vandoo's??

heh... the mind works in mysterious ways :)

nice job MM

Laval = 4eR22R

Good job! But you've left out HMCS Discovery in Stanley park and 12 (Van) Fd Amb on W4th along with 6th Int Pl and 744 Comms Sqn :D

MedTech said:
Good job! But you've left out HMCS Discovery in Stanley park and 12 (Van) Fd Amb on W4th along with 6th Int Pl and 744 Comms Sqn :D

Good detective work, Lou.  Next time, let's wait for him to finish before getting pedantic.

MM: Outstanding work. 

SMILEY face don't ignore the SMILEY face! I was saying it in a 'ha ha ha' way. It is a remarkable job that he has done, and it is most time consuming don't get me wrong!

Just a quick question; the Saint Hubert Tactical Helicopter squadron... isn't it actually near the St Hubert Airfield? Of course, It's likely you're right, but I always assumed it was actually IN Saint Hubert.

This is an awesome idea!  Kudos to you brother!!!  Can I make a small correction though?

4e Battalion, The Royal Canadian Regiment
2100, boulevard Le Carrefour Laval, QC H7S

Should that be the Vandoo's??

It has been change,

Good job! But you've left out HMCS Discovery in Stanley park and 12 (Van) Fd Amb on W4th along with 6th Int Pl and 744 Comms Sqn Cheesy

Actually, it possible that some units does not show on my google maps, as there is a few unit at the same location, so they are in the title of the tag ex: 78 Battery, 20 Field Regiment RCA & 749 (Red Deer) Communication Squadron  ;D

just a quick question; the Saint Hubert Tactical Helicopter squadron... isn't it actually near the St Hubert Airfield? Of course, It's likely you're right, but I always assumed it was actually IN Saint Hubert.

Perhaps, it is, perhaps not, I have done it accordingly to the CF web site, so I might be, that is why Ill need the help of people around the country to help me out on it.

As for my project, Ill have to put it on pause as of Next wensday Ill start my SQ with the regs full time, from October 17 to November 16. Ill compete it after it.

Snaketnk said:
Just a quick question; the Saint Hubert Tactical Helicopter squadron... isn't it actually near the St Hubert Airfield? Of course, It's likely you're right, but I always assumed it was actually IN Saint Hubert.

The helicopters are at Saint-Hubert airport, but the HQ is at CFB Montreal. That's what I've being told at Montreal recruiting center.

That makes sense. What I find bizarre is that it has a South Shore area code (450) I don't really know how the island works in that end though.

Okay, I just checked out a sheet the Recruiter gave me a few months back with all the reserve regiments in the Montreal region, and it says that the unit's location is the St-Jean Garrison with a Detachment in Saint Hubert (Hangar 10).

Back