• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Good Luck guys on your recruitment process, I have been denied due to my medical

tech2002

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been waiting for some time for my answer regards the medical application , this the only thing that separated me getting recruit to CF.
Today I have received the letter with negative answer, I was very shocked, and I couldn't believe it , but nothing I can do to change their mind.
My carriers with regular or reserved forces is over

Good Luck to all !!! :salute:

Thats a really bad thing to hear.  Nothing I can say about that will make it easier...

Have you thought about working for "DND" as a civilian though?

Its not only the members in uniform that serve, as it were, there are lots of civilian positions of more types than I can think of that are also part of the Defence Team.

Just a thought...

Sorry to hear your news.

MRM

I am also at the last steps of recruiting, just waiting on the medical to come back  ???  If you dont mind me asking, what was the reason for the denial?  Thanks

Sorry to hear about your medical.  Try the link below and good luck.

http://www.jobs-emplois.gc.ca/menu/home_e.htm

Many positions are available from coast to coast.

I am deaf completely on my right ear, since I was 2 years old, my left hearing is normal ..

I was looking at civilian jobs, but the requirements are quite high, I have completed College, don't have university or engineering ..
I wanted to get badly into LCIS Tech (Land Communication and Information System Technician), my dream is dead..    :(

tech2002 said:
I am deaf completely on my right ear, since I was 2 years old, my left hearing is normal ..

I was looking at civilian jobs, but the requirements are quite high, I have completed College, don't have university or engineering ..
I wanted to get badly into LCIS Tech (Land Communication and Information System Technician), my dream is dead..    :(

I work in IS/IT as a project leader, and dont have a completed degree...  so from a purely technical perspective, your dream is still alive.  Insofar as a military career, you may not be able to proceed, but DND from what I hear certainly could use a good IT analyst or two ;)  Work on the education, work a few helpdesk jobs, and see where that takes you.

Best of luck -  I know the feeling;  my dream was to be a LEO or MPO, and a CV3 stands in my way... can't change medicine.

Boomer, it is hard to get anywhere these days,
I have applied for DND job, and have received that they are currently put my resume in file database, they do not hiring in my area for the current position and I am too far for the position I was applying for,
I have completed Computer Science Degree from College, and have A+ certification, do not know what next step to take..

tech2002 said:
I have applied for DND job, and have received that they are currently put my resume in file database, they do not hiring in my area for the current position and I am too far for the position I was applying for,
I have completed Computer Science Degree from College, and have A+ certification, do not know what next step to take..

Try looking into some of the IT companies that do contract work for the federal government.

tech2002 said:
I know/have worked for one NGO in the Landmine arena that would like to talk to you. Most likely instead of OD Green or Cadpat you get to wear UN Blue or ICRC red. Espically if you can teach in your area, and by teach it starts off with " this is a computer, we take this plug and put here in this generator, then we................

tech2002 said:

Don't only apply to DND positions in the public arena...the internal postings are far richer....get on with any department and apply to the internal job bulletins..

I wish I could apply through internal postings I can only imagine what jobs are there, I have applied for a job that is currently in system, will know results in a month, closing is tomorrow..  I have applied to number jobs within government.. so far waiting for possible call ..
my last option will be to get license A-Z and become truck driver,.. 

3rd Herd said:
I know/have worked for one NGO in the Landmine arena that would like to talk to you. Most likely instead of OD Green or Cadpat you get to wear UN Blue or ICRC red. Espically if you can teach in your area, and by teach it starts off with " this is a computer, we take this plug and put here in this generator, then we................

Tech...this is what is called "an opportunity"...if I were you...I'd atleast look into it!

Back