• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gloves and Coats

Long in the tooth

Inactive
Reaction score
I ride my bike to work on a daily basis.  At this time of the year, the weather is getting a bit cool, but not enough to wear a coat.  As far as I know, we're not allowed to wear gloves without a coat.  Has this changed, or our we, as my wife and children say, "just stupid"?

you are allowed to wear safety equipment on bike like a helmet . the  rule is when you step off the bike you take em off right be fore you walk away from it ...

http://www.freewebs.com/stafflounge/CF Dress Manual.exe
there is a copy of the dress manual it covers all sorts of stuff helmets jackets  gloves etc

Worn Out Grunt said:
I ride my bike to work on a daily basis.   At this time of the year, the weather is getting a bit cool, but not enough to wear a coat.   As far as I know, we're not allowed to wear gloves without a coat.   Has this changed, or our we, as my wife and children say, "just stupid"?

I'll go along with your wife and tell you to follow her advice and that of axeman.    ;D

Worn Out Grunt said:
I ride my bike to work on a daily basis.  

We should clarify, is that a bicycle or motorbike? Cause there is a slight difference. For both you are authorized to wear helmets and glove classed as safety eqiupment for riding. Bicycling, as it is a physical activity, and hence you get a little sweaty, I asked and got authorization to wear our Ruck PT strip (cbt boots, cbt pant, unit top) to bike back and forth to work. Once there, I can change into proper uniform with a change of shirt. Being able to wear a long sleeve PT shirt alleviated my need to wear the CADPAT coat on my bike.

Back