• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting Sworn In Tomorrow

Most people brought family members or girl/boy friends. So  you can imagine how many people were there at ours. 41 recruits, almost all with family watching. It was pretty cramped, especially for those watching.

Mike

Well, when I started this topic,  I was just about to be sworn in. Now, I've finished my DP1, and am now a member of my regiment. Now what?

At the end of this year I will be graduating high school, and I have plenty of options open to me. I truly enjoy being a member of the CF, but I find it difficult to get into "army mode" when I'm only in uniform for three hours/week, plus a weekend or two per month. One option open to me is to go reg-force, which I am seriously considering. Another option is to go on a class B contract for a while. But, I still would like to go to university, and I have the marks to do so, that's where my problem lies.

I may have the marks to go to university, but either I nor my family has the money to put me there right after I graduate, and I really would rather not take out a loan. What would be the best solution for this? I could go class B for awhile and save up some money, or I could go regular force and go to school after I release, or hell, I could do neither and get a civvy job while still going to the reserves part time for a year.

Anybody have any advice? What type of taskings are there for an R031, and how long does it take to get the ball rolling for them? Are there any benefits for reg force members pertaining to getting a secondary education after they release? I read that there are no benefits for members with under 10 years of service, has that changed?

Thanks beforehand.

Conquistador, you sound like you might want to have a look at the ROTP program. I'm not necessarily advocating going to RMC or anything, but I am saying that you can have your cake and eat it too by being in the army and getting paid to go to school. But hey, just my suggestion :) Not sure if you would want to go the officer route, anyways.

so far everything has gone well for me, I sent in my application just after Thanksgiving, did my CFAT, medical, and interview all in the same day, around the end of November. Had to get some medical documents for my doctor regarding some surgery that I had back in '05 as well as an old head injury, that took all of three weeks and $50. Got all of my forms in to the RC just before Christmas. Just got off the phone with them today to find out how things were going, andthey said that they had just got the medical info back from Ottawa, and i should call back in a week as they are looking into my references. So i get to wait somemore but i think that it's still going pretty quick compared to a friend of mine. its taken him a year and he finally starts BMQ on the 22nd.

I'm getting sworn in Thursday at the armouries of 26th Field Regiment, Brandon, MB.    It is tuesday and Tomorrow and i have to drive 45 min into the city to get my blood type results within one day so I can supply them for my papers and information. (I also need to make my savings account open to cheques tomorrow...I just use debit)  . What a busy day i'm going to have, seeing i am having a get together after finishing my grade eleven school year today.  But anyway,  I was curious that many people mention large numbers of members being sworn in simultaneously. I am also assuming you give a verbal oath but my question is, when you do so, do you all do it separately or all together such as the American military does at times?

Hey everybody I am getting sworn in on Monday with the Lorne Scots Regiment and i am wondering what exactly happens after that.  I havn't been given a very clear idea of when i will start working/training.  Any infor/advice?

Back