• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting Sworn In tommorow, got a guesstion for 48th members.

badsector

Inactive
Reaction score
Well, I just got the call to get sworn in tomorrow at 6:30pm.  Also tomorrow is there Christmas Dinner that i have to attend after, just wondering what to expect.  Any 48th Highlanders help would help me out. 

PS.  I have no dress uniform, so I guess I have to dust off the dress suit.

:cdn: :salute:

Though i am with a different unit i can help on this... Christmas dinner is a great thing, There are toasts, and speches and a lot of drinking, Yes you will have to wear a suit, You will have a great time there make sure you talk to some of the troops there and make some friends

It will be one of the most memorable nights of your life,  A) You date of swearing in (Mine was December 6th , 1988 and I still remember it) and B)The first Christmas dinner with your new family

Sit back, take it all in and enjoy.

I may pop in later to visit, who knows, look for the loud boisterous guy in civvies...

dileas

tess

Thanks for the responce RHFC.  To 48th Regulator I hope to see you there.  I will be the only ass hat with a suit on!....JK

And my name by the way is Allan.

:cdn:

the 48th regulator said:
It will be one of the most memorable nights of your life,   A) You date of swearing in (Mine was December 6th , 1988 and I still remember it) and B)The first Christmas dinner with your new family

Sit back, take it all in and enjoy.

I may pop in later to visit, who knows, look for the loud boisterous guy in civvies...

dileas

tess
  Thats a pretty vague description tess, as I am sure you know that there will be a few "loud boisterous guys in civvies" present tomorrow ;)

badsector said:
Thanks for the responce RHFC.   To 48th Regulator I hope to see you there.   I will be the only *** hat with a suit on!....JK

And my name by the way is Allan.

Don't worry there will be a few people in civvies present.  Remember show up early for drinks in the Sgts. Mess.  and have cab money or a buddy to drive you later on that night if you plan on drinkning

And Tess will require some form of deposit...

Or just set a stout beverage down in front of him ;D

One more question.  Is it ok to bring the girlfriend along for the swearing in?  Not to stay for the dinner, she will take my car home and I can take the GO back home.

I don't see it as being a challenge for your swearing in, and youare right about the dinner.

dileas

tess

Absolutely amazing night.  Thank's to the 48th for welcoming me to the regiment. 

Jeez poor kid, first day on the job and they make him drink with Tess ;D

Danjanou said:
Jeez poor kid, first day on the job and they make him drink with Tess ;D

Unfortunately I couldn't make it out, if you belive it I was babysitting a future genration of Oatmeal savages at home!

dileas

tess

I was there in spirit as I had a pint in hand!

the 48th regulator said:
Unfortunately I couldn't make it out, if you belive it I was babysitting a future genration of Oatmeal savages at home!

dileas

tess

I was there in spirit as I had a pint in hand!

Just as well. If he's seen your ugly mug the poor wee lad would have put in an immediate transfer to the Toronto Scottish ;D

peeshaw my fellow kilted friend, you will get a flaming drambuie on Tuesday for that comment!

dileas

tess

toronto scottish....as if.....

I'd prefer a 12 year old single malt ya heathan.

BTW shouldn't the first two words in your last sentance there be capitalized.

Back