• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting paperwork before turning 16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's what the recruiter I talked to said as well. That you can only join at 16 if you are applying through the co-op program.

2ndChoiceName said:
Yeah, that's what the recruiter I talked to said as well. That you can only join at 16 if you are applying through the co-op program.

If you can remember who and when PM.  All recruiters were made aware of the policy some time ago.

RHB (Recruiters Hand Book - Minimum Enrolment Ages) - Art 3.2.0, para 1.b.(2)  -  In the Res F, an applicant must be:  Age 16, if the applicant is selected for education and training at a Royal Military College or otherwise maintains full-time student status until age 17.

It doesn't get any clearer than that!!    :facepalm:

Thanks everyone for your help! I have a meeting scheduled with the GGHG recruiter in about two weeks, so hopefully if I do run into any trouble at the recruiting centre I can get him to help out in some way. He also told me that 16 is the age with parental consent. From what I can gather, it's pretty much only the Toronto CFRC, or at least that one recruiter, that has it wrong. Thanks again everyone.

Please keep in mind that "Recruiter" is not an occupation in the CF.  These people are employed "out of trade" and thus in administrative duties per se.  So long as they pay due diligence to the RHB, they can't go wrong.

They are prone to mishaps from time to time and it does happen.

I went down to CFRC Toronto today. The age for primary reserves is in fact still 16 and 17 for regular.

jackmomma said:
I went down to CFRC Toronto today. and 17 for regular.

:brickwall:
The age for primary reserves is in fact still 16 IF YOU ARE STILL IN FULL TIME EDUCATION
otherwise the age is 17!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back