• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting married while in the navy

How can you make wedding plans while in the CF??

• hklhk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tuitui

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

laura18

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everybody!!! This is my first time posting anything here... I have often visited this site and find it very helpful... I recently got engaged in December. My Fiancé started his basic military training about a month ago in St.Jean, Québec. He plans to join the navy as an combat information operator. To do this job he will require alot of training, so I am told. I am in college, and I will graduate next year. We are both finding this very hard. But we knew it would be.
Now we want to get married in the summer of 2007, when I am done my schooling. I will then move to which ever base he is on so that we can finally live together!! My family is very religious and so it is important for us to be married before we live together. So we would like to start planning a wedding, but it is hard when we can't chose a date because he is still in basic training. I am wondering when we will be able to chose a date at all??
I miss him terribly!!! Also, any info on how to deal with being away from him would be really helpful!!
thanx!!  :)
laura

My suggestion would be to wait until after he finishes his QL3 and finds out what his first ship will, that way you guys can work around his sailing schedule.

Hey Laura

Hope your doing good while visiting your parents.....

I am very happy for you and N***.  ;)  . You know if you need anything, you know where to find me. We werent married until 3 1/2 years after my husband joined. It was amazing. We had a bunch of the guys from the ship show up and at that time, he was on course and a bunch of our friends from BC were out for the same course and they made it to our wedding. (God, I miss those guys!)....

As well, we were also married during Hurricane Ophelia. (My sister during Hurricane Juan).....Good thing dad doesnt have anymore girls to get married off LMAO

My in-laws were married soon after my father-in-law joined the CF and a good friend of his from the CF walked my mother-in-law down the aisle as her father was unable to do so.....being too far away at the time. Today they have been married 35 years and my father-in-law just recently retired from the CF in August.

I wish you and N*** the best of luck with everything and if you need ANYTHING, you know how to get a hold of me.

Talk to you soon girl

S.Bradbury
    :cdn:

Back