• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Germans and Dutch Buying Boxer Light? Armoured Vehicle

Well, I must say I side with CSA 105.  Our Government has left the CF in embarrassing positions more than enough times, that any of us complaining about foreign Armies not pulling their weight openly in a Public Forum, instead of over a couple of jovial beers, is tantamount to being one of the "Back Stabbing, Two Faced Bastards" that we all so often despise.

Geo

I don't agree at all with your last statement about not having to apologize to anyone for anything the Cdn Gov't has done.  It has performed miserably as a member of NATO and in practicing its' role in the support of fellow NATO members.  Canada really has been a poor partner.

Big Foot

The German military has always been at the cutting edge with it's equipment.  With the changing philosophies on AFV's, why should they not look at a wheeled vehicle, vis a tracked vehicle?  Why can't they look outside of Germany for an "off the Shelf" vehicle that suits their needs?  The German Army has always been a very large Mechanized Force and will remain to be so.

George,

The Cdn politicians may have some aappologies due to the NATO countries - the Cdn Military does not.  Over the years we have had to do so much with so little - and we (Military) have performed extremely well.  Nothing to appologize for on our side of the house.

I'm just a cadet, but I'm going to have to agree with CSA-105. I'm no military expert, but there are probably German soldiers who think their politicians are dumb, just like we do. I'm sure germany enjoys having shiny new equipment, just as I'm sure we Canadians would.
Germany has, as far as i know, always had a modern fleet of vehicles, even though they haven't always played nice with them.

my 2 cents worth,

regards,

Matt

I know I came out strong against the Germans here but I would like to clarify my position, I am not upset with the German army, I am upset with the fact that German politicians are not willing to allow their troops to do what they are trained to do. Instead of simply buying new vehicles for their troops, the German government, in my opinion, would do well to ease the restrictions on their troops and allow them to do their work and help the people they are there to help.

It all boils down to what the Gov't believes the German population expects of them and their troops.  Are the german people upset that their troops are being kept in their Kaserne while the people they have been sent to help/support are being slaughtered in their tracks?.... Is German reconstruction being hampered?..... I would venture to say that the answer to both is nope.... so the german people will be more than happy with the stellar performance of their troops AND their politicans.

Yeah, seen.

1990 era ROEs did stink & sting.

Canadian menace to reduce engagement in southern Afghanistan seems to be successful.
German Gov. under pressure and speculations say that they talk about 1000 soldier more for A'stan.
So hold up pressure, guys!

Boxer MRAV:

We use the A400M in future. So the Boxer use the full loading capabilities of the aircraft.
That's all.

Mackie
-Germany-

Mackie...

Suggestions are that the 1000 extra troops will be going into the already secured northern part of the country and not to the south....

Some help.........

(PS - I know that the decisions are being made by the politicos and not by the soldiers who would.... if they could)

But it is one step.
In Germany it is a huge step because the anti-war movement is still powerful and the left wing party increase influence.
Our history is another problem. 15 years ago, 1200 Leopard2 tanks aimed at the eastern border.
If you ask Germans 10 years ago if they believe in German troops in Afghanistan, you would see a lot of laughter.
The Balkan conflict, Afghanistan. Now the Tornado aircrafts.
We have not only to transform the military. We also must transform the mentality.
This needs time.

BTW: More an more generals also exert pressure on the Gov. I hope for success. In the last days A'stan becomes very important again.

Greetings

Remember that if the Canadian public & 3 of our political parties have their way  we will also be History in a combat role a year from now.  So will we get rid of our armoured veh's  and get more G-Wagons.

Cheers

In fact, I hope so because it is the best way to show the German Gov. and public the reality.
Canadians/Dutch must stay on the condition that NATO partners, especially Germany, support them with infantry an logistics.

Back